Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

ZWave Doorbell

davedotnet

Question

Has anyone got any suggestions for a doorbell. All i want is for the doorbell to:

• Ring/chime/bong independently of any other components
    Notify HC2 of the door bell being pushed

The only purpose made device on the market is this:

Please login or register to see this link.

But it seems to have been withdrawn from sale by distributors, because of potential problems in connecting with other controllers/devices. Lots of Vera/Homeseer articles endorsing the problems. It sounds as though the only forwards is to to create a homebrew version, either by using the Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor, or perhaps a Door Sensor switch. In both cases though, need a good doorbell that can be wired into ? Any thoughts ?

3 answers to this question

I have the above Everspring doorbell and can confirm that it does not work with the HC2.

I was going to test the Universal Sensor with a simple press switch or something suitable for outdoor use, but currently the "Linked Devices" Video Gate does not allow for the selection of Universal Sensors when selecting the input for the "Doorbell"

I have put in a request in the same way that I did for the Universal Sensor to be selectable in the alarm panel which was added in the last update. So I am confident that this will happen soon but my testing of this was halted until this happens

• Inquirer
  • @JohnnyC

Thanks for the confirmation re: Everspring. I think if I could have a wired button it would make the whole project a lot easier (house construction prevents that). However, I think I need to get an existing wireless button + chime unit and somehow integrate with it. One such unit is a Grothe Mistral 600, which provides a connection block, primarily to extend its range, but could be used for integration with say a Fibaro Universal Sensor (easily hidden inside). However, for the price, somewhat disappointed with the sounds.

Last week in Amsterdam I was on Smart Home exibition.

Aeotec (AeonLabs) shows new Door Bell set (PlugIN shime module + wireless button).

So we must just awaiting a litle bit more...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />