Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Automating you Senseo

stevenvd

Question

I read on some other forums that there were some people who tried to automate their senseo coffee machine...

many people would argue if a senseo makes real coffee but let's stay on topic.

it is very simple to automate the senseo using a 2x1.5kw fibaro switch.

The way I did it you can control the senseo with your mobile or home center and still use it in the normal way aswell. The only thing that you don't have is feedback from the actual device...

This is possible, but than you also need to implement a universal sensor into the device. which makes the total cost more than the senseo itself.... Which I think is not worth it.

also for the reason that for every cup of coffee you still need to place a new pad in the machine.

Bottom line you could better use a machine that grinds the beans, so you only have to place your cup under the machine.

Anyway:

Be carefull as the whole circuit board on the senseo uses 220 volts.

Step 1.

Open your senseo.

Step 2.

solder some extra wires on the 220volt wires that come in to the machine and attach them to the fibaro switch. In this way you don't have to switch the whole machine.

Step 3.

The senseo has got three buttons on the front. on the bottom of the circuit board you can see where does switches are located.

Measure which two pins connect when you press the power button.

Now one of these pins will also be connected to the other two buttons, this is the ground and you can simple use this as the IN for the fibaro switch.

The other pin of the power button you connect to either output 1 or 2.

Next you measure which pins connect when you press the 1 cup button. (you already know which one is the ground)

The pin from the 1 cup button can be connected to the left over output of the fibaro switch.

Step 4:

You make sure everything is soldered well and you close the device.

some extra notes:

As the switches on the senseo are only pulse switches it is important that the relays switch off after they have switched on. You can do this in the module parameters.

I use the following scene to switch it on, make me coffee and then switch off again.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Cool I like that, keep me posted

Have a look at this Bosch Tassimo installation, one relay switch 3kW has been installed to control the coffee making.

Auto OFF is used to turn off the relay since you only need a short pulse to start.

Do You think it will be able to make Fibaro installation for this model?

Please login or register to see this link.

It doesn't have buttoms but touchdisplay.

• Inquirer
  • Do you already have it or do you want to buy it? It will be more difficult but depending on how they read the touch buttons it might be possible. If you already have it could you open the bottom (unscrew) and send a photo of the circuit board?

Do you already have it or do you want to buy it? It will be more difficult but depending on how they read the touch buttons it might be possible. If you already have it could you open the bottom (unscrew) and send a photo of the circuit board?

And do not have it but I would like to buy it but only if it will works with Fibaro. If You are not sure I will be first version of Senseo. Am I able to choose if I would like to make one or two coffe? Or does it work only switch on -> make 1 coffee -> switch off?

• Inquirer
  • Because the Fibaro relay module only has two relays you have to choose which buttons you want to use. But you could implement two fibaro modules. just the cost will be more...

Furthermore I want to remind you that you still have to place a new pad in the machine each time and that you can not read if the machine is on or off, as it has an automatic off function after 30 minutes.

To fix this you will ALSO have to implement an universal sensor

Guest jrkalf

Hi Steven,

did you mean

topic posted on

?

i recognized the remember I had read it as well somewhere and dug up the other forum I frequently visit.

• Inquirer
  • Haha yeah that's the post I was talking about

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the scene, for somebody who using Nespresso MAGIMIX CITIZ M190 it is more difficult because you must use two switch, one to on/off machine and one for button because he have small transformer for command systeme

• Inquirer
  • I use two switches (in one Module) for the Senseo aswell.

You can use one relay to switch the device on and off. and one to control the coffee button.

Or am I missing something?

No for this nespresso you must use 2 device because it is not the same voltage.

One for rhe switch for the device is 220V

Second for the command around 40v for small or big coffee.

• Inquirer
  • Your correct I am sorry. I though that the Fibaro 2x1.5Kw had two inputs and two outputs, But it has only one input.

You could use the two outputs two switch two different relays. (which you switch on the same voltage)

and those two relays switch the two different voltages. as they have their own in and output.

That will cost you around 4 euro's per relay and a 6, 9 or 12 volt power supply.

The only question is; if it will be small enough to fit in your coffee machine.

As I think Home automation is supposed to make it easier and more beautiful. So it should fit in the machine

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and like any other one from the store to someone else.

I didn't think about relay. That is a good idea. I will check and make return if I found something.

Thanks

Hi together,

Just two short questions - what is the meaning for the configured seconds in the red fields? And in difference to that - the possibility to configure seconds in the green fields?

Thanks and kind regards,

alkorsi

In the red fields you can determine delay of the action. In the green fields you can determine a value. E.g. If you want turn something on when dimmer lights with 60%, you can determine this 60% in the green field. Of course there is no point in using green filelds for devices that has only binary (1 or 0) type of value.

Anyone haș a step by step guide (with pictures maybe) on how to do it for a nespresso inissia?

Thanks!