Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MK Grid Retractive switches

budda

Question

Is anybody using the MK Grid switch systems which have a modular approach to switches in a face plate. They offer retractive switches (mono stable) for the Fibaro modules too.

Wondered if they are decent quality face plates or a bit *?

Please login or register to see this link.

5 answers to this question

Have you managed to get these to work? If so do you have any product ID codes?

I'm looking for monostable switches for the figaro dimmers. Not easy here in the UK.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Yes using these. Both the press and normal switches are fine when connected to the modules.

I love them as they are easy to install with all the wiring required to fit modules and I have even been able to add extra z-wave switching via the S2 input of the single modules by adding an extra switch to a set that only had 3 installed. (New faceplate and frame).

One discovery is not to mix switch types on the modules which when you think about it should have been obvious

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" /> I thought I would use a press switch on the s2 input and a normal on s1 of a 3kw unit. The normal to switch on my front door light on the relay in the unit, the press to open and close my garage doors controlled by remote modules via HC2/z-wave.

I bought mine from TLC. Not sure if they are the cheapest. If you find them cheaper elsewhere would appreciate any link.

• Inquirer
  • Have you managed to get these to work? If so do you have any product ID codes?

I'm looking for monostable switches for the figaro dimmers. Not easy here in the UK.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

I've not ordered anything yet. Will report back when I do get some and fit them.

• Inquirer
  • One discovery is not to mix switch types on the modules which when you think about it should have been obvious

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" /> I thought I would use a press switch on the s2 input and a normal on s1 of a 3kw unit. The normal to switch on my front door light on the relay in the unit, the press to open and close my garage doors controlled by remote modules via HC2/z-wave.

Interesting comment. This is exactly what I was intending to do -- have a monostable push button for dimming the bathroom spotlights and a standard bistable switch for the hallway lights contained on a single MK grid. Mainly because the Fibaro dimmer module only supports one light.

I couldn't use the Fibaro Relay module due to the need of the extra wire to power it.

Why should you not mix switches?

May work on the dimmer this as on a 3kw relay. If you look in the parameters of these devices there is only one parameter to configure for the type of switch. parameter 14