Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to test and trigger a scene with Fibaro Universal Sensor

DAWO

Question

I have two Fibaro Universal Sensor that I would like to trigger different scenes.

Both of them show up in the HC2 web interface all right. But how do you “test” those devices? In my HC2 web interface the Fibaro Universal Sensor is shown as a “Master” device with two “slaves”. In my case the Master’s name is “Larm 1” and the two slaves has been named “Larm 1.1” and “Larm 1.2”. See enclosed picture 1

If I click the slave “Larm 1.1” button,for example, I am taken to a new view in which there is a motion sensor icon with two buttons under “Arm” and “Disarm”. See enclosed picture 2.

I have created a simple scene for test purposes, that only switch on a lamp when the Universal Sensor 1.1 is set to ON or set to Opened (I have tried different values)…

However, I do not seem to get this to work. That is, I cannot trigger the Universal Sensor to set off the scene I have created… (See enclosed picture 3).

Can anyone of you suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

17 answers to this question

DAWO, please change from "Opened" to "Breached"

• Inquirer
  • Thanks!

I did change from "Opened" to "Breached", and then I clicked on the device "Larm 1.1" and clicked its buttons marked "Arm" and "Disarm", however this did NOT trigger the scene pictured above!

Breached - always turnON when you got "move"

Safe - not used in this scene but u can use it to turnoff

but when you want to turnon only when is Arm, use "Breached and armed"

to work device must change status from "no move" to "move"

• Inquirer
  • Tanks, A.Socha,

But I am not sure I do understand what I should do in my case... What I am looking for, is a way to test the Universal Sensor. I thought I could do this by, for example, Go into the HC2 web interface and find one of my Universal Sensors (Alarm 1), and then clicking on one of the slaves (Alarm 1.1), and finally clicking on either "Arm" or "Disarm".

This, I thought, would alter the state of the slave (Alarm 1.1), which in turn could be used somehow to trigger a scene. In this case just switching on a lamp...

I would very much appreciate if you could clarify this some more, and help me understand where I get lost!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Thanks!

Guest deraaij
    Tanks, A.Socha,

But I am not sure I do understand what I should do in my case... What I am looking for, is a way to test the Universal Sensor. I thought I could do this by, for example, Go into the HC2 web interface and find one of my Universal Sensors (Alarm 1), and then clicking on one of the slaves (Alarm 1.1), and finally clicking on either "Arm" or "Disarm".

This, I thought, would alter the state of the slave (Alarm 1.1), which in turn could be used somehow to trigger a scene. In this case just switching on a lamp...

I would very much appreciate if you could clarify this some more, and help me understand where I get lost!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Thanks!

The only way to test the device is to connect something to IN1 or IN2 (e.g. a button). Arm Disarm is only used for scenes. E.g. if you have a motion sensor and you don't want the alarm to go off when motion is detected you don't arm the sensor (disarm) and you use in a scene sound alarm when breached if armed.

Regards,

Mark

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Mark!

That makes sense! The Fibaro Universal Sensor is connected to a burglary alarm and I found a "soft button" so that you could switch on and off the output single-pole changeover relay. The funny thing is though, that I have to click TWICE on the "test-button" in my burglar alarm system in order to trigger the Universal Sensor. It seems to work irrespectively of the value I set in the scene configuration. That is, I can set the value to "Breached", "Breached and Armed", "Safe" (with this setting it turns on immediately).

• Inquirer
  • So far so good! Thanks Mark and A.Socha!

I have now figured out how to get the Universal Sensor triggered by our alarm system. This means that I now can get the alarm system to either set the Universal Sensor into "Breached" state, or "Safe" state.

I now would like to add a scene which ONLY is triggered when I leave the house and thus arm our burglary alarm system.

This means that WHEN one of the Universal Sensor slave units are set to "breached" by our home security system, a preconfigured scene should be activated and "emulating" that someone is at home by switching on and off lights at certain times.

The scene that should set off MUST ONLY be activated WHEN the burglar alarm system is armed, i.e. when the specific Fibaro Universal Sensor Slave is set to "Breached", and NOT run any other times!

Unfortunately I am not sure how to accomplish this...

Intuitively I would guess that you would have a an active scene which “actively” listens to the specified Universal Sensor slave. And when this is set to “Breached” by our burglar alarm system (when I am leaving the house and arm the system), another scene should be triggered…???

If I add a scene and called it “Away” containing a daily timer that starts to switch on lights in different rooms at different intervals, can I have this scene marked as NOT active, so it is not fired if I am home and have NOT armed the burglar alarm system???

I would really appreciate some guidance in how to solve this issue!

• Inquirer
  • I made one active scene that, when sensing a change of status in the Universal Sensor, triggered a non-active scene in which I had a timer stating that it should switch on a light if it was past 16:45 (as an example). However, the first scene seemed to produce the same effect on the second scene as you get when you press the "run" button, i.e. the scene light was immediately turned on, and the scene did not wait until 16:45…

So I guess the ideal would be to, with the first scene, somehow set the de-activated scene to an activated status. And when coming home again and switching off the burglar alarm, another scene is triggered and sets the activated status to de-activated again…

Could this be done, or do you have other suggestions on how to solve this?

For this to work properly you must be able to leave the house at any hour of the day, and then the “left-the-house-scene” should only fire if it is late enough to have lights on. This means that if, for example, you leave the house before 5 p.m., nothing happens until after that. And when leaving any time after 5 p.m. (if this is the starting point), the scene should turn on any lightning which was supposed to have been turned on should the scene had been triggered 5 o’clock sharp…

Interesting thread, I have planned to do a similar solution. I have a DSC 1616 burgular alarm to be connected to a Universal Sensor is intended.

Which alarm do you use?

The idea is that one scene is executed when activating alarm and leaves house that darken choosen lights.

And then a scene that runs when alarms is deactivated and turns selected lights on but only when the sun is down.

• Inquirer
  • Hi maxxar,

I am using an Siemens SPC 5300 alarm system, and have connected two Fibaro Universal Sensors onto one of the extension cards. I have almost the same ideas that you have, but have added two more "scenes", which is not yet implemented however, as I do not know yet how to programme these so that they take into account what time of day the scenes are triggered from the home alarm system...

But the overarching goal is the same. When I leave the house, the system triggers one of the Fibaro Universal Sensor slaves, and when I come back, it reverses the process.

I have also connected another Universal sensor which will be triggered by fire alarm from the home alarm system, and one slave which will be triggered by if someone walks up on our balcony (where we have an outdoor IR sensor).

But so far, I have only managed to verify that the Fibaro sensors CAN be activated and de-activated by the home alarm system.

I have not yet found out how to trigger a scene which also should take into account what time of day it is (that is, if it is dark outside). The important thing here is to make a scene that only kicks in WHEN a certain time of the day has been reached, or passed... It makes no sense to have a scene that starts turning on and off lights immediately after I have left the house in the morning...

I have also sent a mail to the Fibaro support team about this, but not yet got an answer.

But when I get it, I will post it here so that you can programme the scene in similar ways.

• Inquirer
  • I still have not yet heard anything from Fibaro support, and it might indicate that it is not yet possible to do what I have envisioned? Does anyone of you guys know of any more exhaustive manual for doing scene scripting?

I have only found a sample guide showing how to programme an example scene with a few scripts opening roller blinds, turning some lights on and turning garden lights off...

So if there is a more complete scene programming manual out there somewhere, I would really appreciate if you can point me to where I can get it!

Thanks!

DAWO,

Are you aware, that Universal Sensor is (as name said) sensor module so there is no possibility to controlling this device from scene. It is input module. Scene can read its state, but can not control it.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Krystian!

I may have explained my case a bit unclear, but I will try again.

I have two Fibaro Universal Sensors attached to my Home Alarm System. Thus it is the Alarm System that controlls and sets it state. For example, when I ARM the alarm system, the Fibaro Universal Sensor's state is changed to "Safe". I have verified that this is actually happening, so no worries there!

However, what I am looking for now, is a way to READ the state of the Universal Sensor AND IF, and only if, the time has passed 5 p.m. (for example), a scene which turns on some lights in my house will be executed.

Thus I do NOT want a scene to control the Universal Sensor, BUT I want a scene to be fired IF the state of the Universal Sensor is such and such AND that the time has passed a certain hour/date, etc, etc...

I have so far managed to get a scene check and execute something WHEN the state of the Universal Sensor has changed. But I have NOT yet figured out how to delay the execution of the scene UNTIL a specified time has been reached.

To me this is something that I guess would be a rather common and useful task for the Home Center to do, working in conjunction with a home alarm system. So that when you leave your home and arm the system, the alarm system is altering the state in some Fibaro Device, and then the HC2 takes over and simulates that someone is home, thus preventing burglars to enter your house, and conversely, when you come home again after dark, and disarm your burglar alarm system, it sends a new trigger to the Universal Sensor (for example), which makes the HC2 to trigger a scene which is "welcoming you home again"... etc.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

Couldn't you just set the state of a variable when the universal sensor value changes, then read the value of that variable out in the scene?

• Inquirer
  • Thanks reading123!

I will try that out, but I still have to figure out how to delay the execution of the scene IF the variable (or the changed state of the Universal sensor for that matter) has changed BEFORE the time I actually want the scene to start.

That is, I want to write something like:

IF (Variable X = value)

AND

If (Timer is such and such)

THEN

Trigger scene that turns on the lights according to the time schedule of the scene and keep it running until variable X is set to another value.

ELSE

Do NOT trigger scene

But, as I said, I will try that one out and see if it is easier to combine a variable with a time schedule than to check if the value of the device (Universal Sensor) has changed!

• Inquirer
  • I think I have figured out how to do this now after some trial and error!

This solution requires that you have an intrusion alarm system with some kind of expander board with on-board relays to which you can connect the Fibaro Universal Sensor. I am using the Siemens SPC with an 8 outputs expander to which I have connected two Fibaro Universal Sensors.

Whe I leave the house and arm the intrusion alarm system, the system changes the state on one of the Universal Sensor Slaves to, for example, "Safe". I then have a script as follows, which will make the HC2 turn on the lights (in this case if the time has passed 9:13 a.m. (just for test purposes).

See enclosed image of the example scene.

I can now go on an add devices so that it seems that someone is at home and is turning on and off lights.

Guest Kuuno

has anyone been able to trigger a scene with universal sensor by using the last parameter

i mean by closing contacts, by holding them for 2 seconds or by doubleclicking

thanks!