Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

iHome MoLiTe sensor - Only motion detection working (?)

Daniel W

Question

Hi,

I'm a brand new home automation amateur - my god I was trapped by the thought that z-wave devices and controllers was plug and play nowadays.

I bought a bunch of iHome MoLiTe sensor's that should be able to detect Motion, Temperature and Light intensity. When I link the sensor with the HC2 (1.042) it will recognise 3 new devices (1 master and 2 slaves). The master is detected as a motion detector but the 2 slaves doesn't seems to be recognised to do anything. The motion detection seems to stay on most of the time, but I assume I would need to adjust the advanced parameters to have it operate smoothly.

Is there anything special one need to configure on the 2 slaves for them to show correctly the temperature and humidity or I'm just unlucky that this device is just not working with HC2?

Is my first lessons learned that one never buy multiple devices of anything but first one to test with?

Cheers

Daniel

3 answers to this question

Daniel,

Welcome to the world that is ZWave and Home Automation. As with all controllers, you'll need to establish a list of supported devices for any specific controller. Some manufacturers maintain a list whilst others don't. For those that don't, you can probably email the support desk and ask about device support.

For Fibaro, there is no maintained list, so you'll have to quiz the community here, or email Fibaro support. There's quite a few 3-1/4-1 multi-function devices and I think generally the view is that they are not supported, at this time, on the HC2. There's little in the way of HC2 software tweaking that can be done to support devices.

You'll probably get some basic functionality working because it supports GENERIC_TYPE_SENSOR_BINARY. There should be 1 x GroupID that will permit 5 x Asscoaitions (to other devices), of which one will be the Fibaro HC2 (#1). Additionally, because it's battery operated, it means it will only be listening for ZWave commands periodically (default 2hrs), so don't be surprised if you configure it and nothing happens for 2 hours. There's probably a parameter to change this if needs be although, once set up, you'll want to keep it quite high to conserve battery.

Let us know how you get on..

• Inquirer
  • Thank you Dave for your reply and tips. I will experiment a bit, if it doesn't work out with the temperature it would be a pitty, but I would add separate thermostats in any way so I count on the internal temperature sensor on that one would be working better. I was thinking to add the Everspring Thermostat ST814.

Cheers

Daniel

I was thinking to add the Everspring Thermostat ST814

I'm not familar with the device, but again, there's a lot of comments about it in the forums. Look at this

Please login or register to see this link.

for a start.