Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec ZXT-120 Z-wave Air conditioner Controller

Daniel W

Question

Anyone that succesfully using the Remotec ZXT-120 IR Extender to controll their split air-conditioning installation?

When I add the device it will show up as a thermostat (see screenshot below) but not with correct temperature (so i suspect it's not playing alone well). I also don't manage to controll the AC unit itself, although I tried the different codes that I could find in the documentation for my Chigo unit. Will try to configure the learning commands - but that seems pretty step for a starter.

I'm adding another screenshot I found from a user that nicely succeded with the Vera controller *jealous*.

Cheers

Daniel

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Inquirer
  • I have succeed to control the AC unit after I powered the Remotec IR device with a USB cable and not using the batteries. One can then use an 'always listen' mode and that made the trick. I can now send what temperature I would like, but I can't power the device off (it will start if it's in OFF mode by just changing the temperature from the HC2). I also can't adjust any of the other settings like fan speed, operating mode (cooling, heating etc).

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

The HC2 can't read the built in temperature sensor in the Remotec which is another letdown.

Guest berga_s

Hi, any news related to integration between Remotec ZXT-120 IR Extender and HC2?

I have the same needs. I have the heating of my house that is an hybrid configuration, two radiators and 5 fancoil (Galletti model WH30, 20 and 10).

First of all, I would like to manage the on/off of gas boiler by Horstmann HRT4-ZW + ASR-ZW (when they will be fully implemented in to HC2) than, I would like to manage the fancoil. The radiators are actually managed by Danfoss Living Connect Z.

Have you successful to manage the on/off, mode, fans peed, temperature, swing as you show by Vera controller?

Have you successful to configure the command in learning mode?

Fibaro: have you planned to integrate these feature into HC2? If yes, in which software version?

Guest skyhooper

Hi,

Iam using WF2IR from global cache to command all my ir related equipements

like tv,AC,dvd player etc ..

and it's working fine

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" />

Guest berga_s

Thanks skyhooper,

how does it work with HC2?

In case of fan coil, can you see all parameters like temperature, Fan, Swing, On/Off etc, (something like Vera)?

Can you post some screen shot?

Guest skyhooper

Hi,

you can only copy remote control commands and treat them as a virtual device

like on,off,eco mode etc the HC2 will send the requests to the WF2IR wich will send the IR command to the equipement so for the HC2 it's only a http request that you will call on or off all documentation is here

Please login or register to see this link.

and here

by the way you can also do some scenes with these commands like movie mode or relax mode to turn on music and dimm lights to 30%

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guest skyhooper

and if you want to see the commands on iphone or android device you most make a scene.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

Guest skyhooper

you can also buy a software for android or for ipad to control all your IR equipements

like touchcontrol (ipad) i control TV,Homecinema,DVDplayer ,air condition,and some other stuff with my ipad,and reymote for android .

i think that you have some happy hours to spend

touchcontrol

Reymote

Guest berga_s

...you are right!!!

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" />

Ok, with your screenshot is more clear to me... you can just send command, for example to power off or on the fan coil without to know if is already on or off (I mean the state where it is, like temperature, fan power, swing,...).

I have at last 3 fan coil to manage, that are in different rooms. Do you know many meters can be the wires between WF2IR and the IR emitter?

I know that your solution is better than nothing, but it's look like a workaround and not a real integration as look like form Vera screen shot. That's why I'm asking to Fibaro if they planned to integrate something Remotek ZXT-120.

I will study all your documentation... thanks a lot!!!

Guest skyhooper

you can put 2 or 3 WF2IR even a LAN2IR i use only the blaster wich is on port 3 it can send commands to all fixed near on the tv you have 2 other normal IR senders 3 or 4 meters and you can extend theme if you want , for thermal regulation i made a scene with everspring module so it can send requestes to the heater on demand or triggered by temperature variations .

i have also a Karotz wich can send requests to WF2IR and to HC2 .

Guest berga_s

2 or 3 is too expensive... It have 3 Output port and I thought that could be possible to pass through the wiring’s electrical conduits… but could be necessary a long wire to go from WF2IR to fan coils (even up to 20 mt) with IR emitter.

Guest skyhooper

I dont think that there is any problem with that ,you can ask global cache for that.

I found the wf2ir about 110$ in USA and it´s powerful .

Good luck

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

• Inquirer
  • I got this reply from Fibaro support:

We support this device not at all.

We work with Thermostat Set Point and COnfiguration.

We ware still working for new devices. Please be patient.

As Vera managed to integrate it nicely I was hoping it should be possible for Fibaro as well...

Fibaro, do you have any idea when this module is going to be integrate???

Please I have 5 module like that who are waiting.

For the moment I have just the temperature where is write in green very small under icon.

I have sent one of the ZXT devices to Poland to see if they can integrate the extra commands into the HC2 interface

Guest berga_s
    I have sent one of the ZXT devices to Poland to see if they can integrate the extra commands into the HC2 interface

Great!!!

+1

They don't care about people where they need air conditionner.

I think that you will find that it is largely to do with the current "set point" control the HC2 Heating/Cooling panels use and "Climate" option on the iPhone application.

Even if they had a full integration like the Vera example shown in this thread the whole structure of the climate related aspects of the interfaces would also have to be rewritten.

Be patient... There are over 700 different z-wave products and in some cases there are several versions of the devices which need to individually added to the support

@Fibaro : Do you have any plans to integrate this Remotec ZXT-120 device with HC2, or I have to throw it to the bin ?

@Fibaro : Do you have any plans to integrate this Remotec ZXT-120 device with HC2, or I have to throw it to the bin ?

Me too

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />