Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec ZXT-120 Z-wave Air conditioner Controller

Daniel W

Question

Anyone that succesfully using the Remotec ZXT-120 IR Extender to controll their split air-conditioning installation?

When I add the device it will show up as a thermostat (see screenshot below) but not with correct temperature (so i suspect it's not playing alone well). I also don't manage to controll the AC unit itself, although I tried the different codes that I could find in the documentation for my Chigo unit. Will try to configure the learning commands - but that seems pretty step for a starter.

I'm adding another screenshot I found from a user that nicely succeded with the Vera controller *jealous*.

Cheers

Daniel

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Either do I, please do something

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

Hello,

I have a REMOTEC ZXT-120 to control my air conditioning.

He no longer works when I went on Fibaro Homecenter.

I would like to know if you plan to make it compatible with HC2 one day ?

C'mon, Fibaro. This device not only learns IR but has codes for most major AC manufacturers built in. The control of reverse cycle Ac's is vital downunder, where split units are the predominant form of domestic heating and cooling and we are currently experiencing 5 straight days of high 30's to mid-40 degree heat!!

The device works well with Vera, and has resulted in a number of lost sales of HC2's here recently.

I'm prepared to spend some time experimenting if someone can offer a few clues as to where to start!!

Mclass

C'mon, Fibaro. This device not only learns IR but has codes for most major AC manufacturers built in. The control of reverse cycle Ac's is vital downunder, where split units are the predominant form of domestic heating and cooling and we are currently experiencing 5 straight days of high 30's to mid-40 degree heat!!

The device works well with Vera, and has resulted in a number of lost sales of HC2's here recently.

I'm prepared to spend some time experimenting if someone can offer a few clues as to where to start!!

Mclass

Quoted. I'm waiting the integration of such a devices before buying the Fibaro system. Aircon and tv controls will be essential for my future setup.

Mclass

Currently, You can control Split AC and AV products using IR gateways Global Cache iTach flex also. To get temperature feedback use temperature sensor with door sensor or Universal sensor.

We believe, ZXT120 will work with 4.X release by FIBARO.

Hello,

I have a REMOTEC ZXT-120 to control my air conditioning.

He no longer works when I went on Fibaro Homecenter.

I would like to know if you plan to make it compatible with HC2 one day ?

+1

Hello guys

What I have done is that I have added my vera as a secondary controller to my HC2.

So all device which were included in the HC2 appeared in my vera. With different strange names.

I can create a scene on vera to control my zxt-120s (this S is for plural) and activate this scene from virtual device on HC2

It is working perfectly and I can use vera as a z-wave repeater.

However, making scenes is HEADACHE! anyone knows the http requests for controlling the zxt-120? So i can control it as a device

Smartelite, i thought of doing this but another idea is to add vera to HC2 as a virtual device , makes it easier for scenes and all other changes , you just do all your customization in Vera and run them from HC2

I have my remotecs distributed around the house so I will benefit from the z-wave network

My vera will be a repeater for my second floor

This how it is done

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please if you know the http commands to be sent to vera

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> to control my remotec please let me know

Well , i'll try that but after the next HCL update since i still need my Minimote connected to vera .

I don't have the http commands for the remotec and i don't think it can work but you can use scenes , for example make a scene in vera for cool , heat and run it from HC using http , here is the code just change the scene number .

add vera as a virtual device and use this code

Please login or register to see this code.

I am using this exact command. But imagine creating a scene for each command and if you have multiple zxts in your house

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi everyone,

I believe I have this device working. The temp report updates and I appear to have it successfully controlling my Daikin Inverter Split System.

I'm using Version 4.037 BETA

Hi everyone,

I believe I have this device working. The temp report updates and I appear to have it successfully controlling my Daikin Inverter Split System.

I'm using Version 4.037 BETA

May I ask which model of Daikin inverter split system are you using and what is the IR Code on ZXT-120 you use for it?

I am having problem getting the ZXT-120 to accurately control my Daikin inverter split system. The Daikin remote control is ARC433B47. I have tried a handful of ZXT-120 IR Codes but none works accurately. Eg. Fan speed set high on ZXT-120, the actual fan coil seems to be running on low fan speed instead.

My biggest issue with the remotec as well is to get the right codes.

Instead of saving money, we might end up spending a lot..

Imaging lowering temperature at night, setting setpoint down from 24 to 18 degr.

If the device send the code "auto" 18 degrees instead of setting "heat" 18 degress

The inverter will switch to cooling and spend quite some energy lowering the temperature wuth cooling istead of idling...

It is vital to know that it is set right..