Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Danfoss Living Connect

alex88

Question

Hi

Could any of the owners of the Danfoss Living Connect explain what functionality works with HC2 and what functionality works directly on the device itself when connected to the HC2?

I have just watched a couple of youtube clips showing how the Danfoss units work when managed on the device specifically I just wonder how any settings on the device work in-conjunction with the HC2 or do they just act like thermometers and shut-off valves.

Also, given that the unit and hence thermometer is sitting right next to the radiator does it actually act as a good measure of room temperature?

Cheers

Aleks

3 answers to this question

Aleks,

The Danfoss LivingConnect does NOT send the measured temperature back to HC2. It only confirms back to HC2 that it received a new temperature setting:

HC2: "Go to 21 degrees"

Danfoss: "Got it. I am set to 21 degrees"

Functionality on the Danfoss device itself:

- Click middle button to see currently set temperature

- Lower or raise temperature (this will also tell HC2 that it changed)

HC2 also shows the communication taking place between HC2 and the Danfoss LC (as it does with lights).

In HC2, you assign Danfoss device(s) to a room. Room(s) are assigned to a heating zone. When the heating zone goes to 21 degrees, HC2 will send "Go to 21 degrees" instruction to all Danfoss devices in all rooms in that zone. You can define as many zones as you wish. Keep in mind though that this is only the setting of the radiator(s). You have to control your central heating device separately (using the linked devices feature of HC2).

You may want to read

Please login or register to see this link.

Hope this helps.

Ronald

• Inquirer
  • Aleks,

The Danfoss LivingConnect does NOT send the measured temperature back to HC2. It only confirms back to HC2 that it received a new temperature setting:

HC2: "Go to 21 degrees"

Danfoss: "Got it. I am set to 21 degrees"

Functionality on the Danfoss device itself:

- Click middle button to see currently set temperature

- Lower or raise temperature (this will also tell HC2 that it changed)

HC2 also shows the communication taking place between HC2 and the Danfoss LC (as it does with lights).

In HC2, you assign Danfoss device(s) to a room. Room(s) are assigned to a heating zone. When the heating zone goes to 21 degrees, HC2 will send "Go to 21 degrees" instruction to all Danfoss devices in all rooms in that zone. You can define as many zones as you wish.

Hope this helps.

Ronald

Thanks for getting back to me on my question!! Much appreciated.

If I understand correctly, you need a separate thermometer to the Danfoss to know when 21 degrees has been reached then?

Also, if you increase the temp on the Danfoss directly to say 23 degrees then I guess the devices knows it has reached 23 degrees based on it's own internal thermometer?

If I understand correctly, you need a separate thermometer to the Danfoss to know when 21 degrees has been reached then?

That is correct. I use 5x door/window sensors with DS18B20 temperature sensors built in. Wireless, battery operated. Easy to install.

Also, if you increase the temp on the Danfoss directly to say 23 degrees then I guess the devices knows it has reached 23 degrees based on it's own internal thermometer?

Also correct. It will close its valve when 23 degrees is reached. You would still have to switch off your heater though, unless another room still needs heating!