Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Scene control

Guest Sjandu

Question

Guest Sjandu

I'm looking to setup a solution where :

1. a room light comes on when a motion sensor is breached

2. then the light should off after 5 minutes of coming on unless there is still movement.

Step 1 has been done but step 2 doesnt seem as straight forward. The sensor I have has a 3 minute delay before the sensor is active again.

The scene I have created turns on the light when the sensor is breached followed by another command to shut off the light after a 5 minute delay.

The problem is that even if there is movement after three minutes of initial sensor breach the light still turns off after 5 minutes. This means that even if there is someone still in the room the light will turn off.

My query is :

1. Is there a way of cancelling the shutoff the part of the scene if movement is detected in the room?

2. Is there a better approach to achieve the result I am looking for?

Any advice on this would be a great help.

13 answers to this question

Guest Futuretech
  • Inquirer
  • I have the same situation:

Light turns on when motion detected. Light stays on as long there is movement. When there is no movement anymore the light turns of after my desired time.

My solution:

Use an EZMotion 3in1 sensor and setup parameter 2 to the desired time.

(I don't know if there are other sensors with the same possibility. And I think with a scene something should be possible).

Solution:

1. Create scene timer_start

2. Create scene timer--

3. Create scene timer_end

Any help with that?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Solution:

1. Create scene timer_start

2. Create scene timer--

3. Create scene timer_end

Any help with that?

It's a good idea but you must stop timer-- at the end and not only check variable ... What do you think? But I don't how do that : stop button seems have no effect and no stop option available in scene properties.

Thx.

You do not need to stop timer--. Why is important for you?

Try to create this scenes. For me this solution working. More.. I can even add next scene to setting timer to another value (eg. 10) with another device, like movement sensor.

To start timer you can create any number of scenes. To stop timer and turn off light you need only one scene in which only check if a variable is equal to one (remember that, becouse if you equal to 0, then that scene will run every minute). Timer-- is only for decrese timer variable.

Guest Sjandu
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks for the feedback.

I only have one query (being new to creating scenes). can you explain why on the _timer_start scene you are checking if the sensor is "Breached and armed" as opposed to just "Breached"?

Actually it would be great if you could explain the difference between just "Breached" and the other two breached states "Breached and armed" and "Breached and disarmed"

(Or if there is any documentation on this I would appreciate it if you could point me to it.)

Guest Sjandu
  • Inquirer
  • Rafal, just for clarity I have summarised your scenes below. I hope I understand them correctly.

With regards to Krikroff's comment - if the timer variable is reduced by 1 every minute and the sensor has not been breached for more than 5 minutes then wouldn't the _timer variable become a negative value stopping the 'Timer Start' scene conditions from being met to restart the variable _timer?

Timer

Run scene every minute from 00:00 to 23:59 then variable _timer is reduced by 1

Timer Start

If Sensor1 is breached and armed and variable _timer is 0

Then turn on light and set variable _timer to 5

Timer End

Run scene every minute from 00:00 to 23:59 and variable _timer is 1

Then turn off light and set variable _timer to 0

If I have this wrong, please feel correct me.

You do not need to stop timer--. Why is important for you?
    because it use CPU cycle, transparent with few scene but can degrade xperience with many device and many scene

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Thx.

Ps: timer-- seems never create negative value...

Guest Sjandu
  • Inquirer
  • Aha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

In fibaro variables can not have negative values, so the value of the variable will never fall below zero (to our happiness), so there is no need to stop the timer-- scene. The action of this scene in no way affect the performance of fibaro. However, if you want to stop the action, just add an additional condition: and timer>0 in timer-- scene.

The "Breached and armed" is used only by me, for you will be sufficient to use any other "triger" - like "Breached". I use the "armed" also because this condition is to distinguish me the time of day.

To be precise, I use two separate scenes to arm and disarm all detectors in the house at sunrise and sunset.

I almost forgot, do not add "and timer==0" condition in the timer_start scene, if you want to count every movement caused a 5 minutes from the beginning.

Guest Sjandu
  • Inquirer
  • Great.

Thanks for your help. I understand it much better now.