Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGD211 scene and light functionality in one

alex88

Question

I have a FGD211 module connected to a single dimmer light switch, but I would like to use the second channel to run scenes.

For example S1 is connected to the light switch and simply turns the light on and off and allows me to dim the light. This light switch is a monostable switch.

S2 runs a scene that turns on or off multiple lights in the house, but how can I activate S2? I am thinking of connecting it to a second bi-stable light switch but I am not sure how to power this switch so that when it is pressed S2 is activated.

In the above example both the monostable light switch and the bistable light switch would be side by side and sitting in double double backbox like this:

Please login or register to see this link.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

2 answers to this question

Hi. I'm not clear what the question is, but I think if you wire the second switch, one side to Sx and one side to S2, then when you press S2 you'll fire off the an event. S1 would likewise be wired up between Sx and S1. Looking at the backbox you're using you'll have to punch a hole out between the two to get at the SX/S2 connectors.

I see from the documentation that the FGD211 has three (3) Association Groups, the first for S1, the second for S2 and the third reporting. They will all be set to node ID #1, which is the HC2 so you'll get an event when either button changes state.

Presumably, in the Device configuration, the FGD211 shows up with two child devices ??

Let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

• Inquirer
  • When the switches arrive I will try it out. I'm still not sure if it will work with the switch that I described as bi-stable. Following is a link to the switch:

I think it needs mains power to work, so I'm unsure how to get the whole setup to work.

The other switch, which i described as mono-stable, will be the dimmer version of the above swtich:

Not sure if that helps in explaining any better what I am trying to do.