Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

IP Webcam scenes

Guest Sjandu

Question

Guest Sjandu

Can you provide examples of how I can use an ip webcam in a scene to record and send a video or image when a sensor has been breached.

The only option I see when adding a webcam to a scene is the red box after the device with a default value of 0 (see attached image). Does anyone know for a webcam what this can be used for (i.e. recording)?

Also how can videos or images can be emailed or stored to a folder (dropbox) somewhere?

18 answers to this question

Hi, when you add the camera in your scene ( action part ), you must select user. Then when the scene is triggered one photo is send to the user selected ... That's all!

it is impossible to send a video or record on the disc of the box...

But I can do this with a script installed on my home server, for example I can record 5 minutes on selected cam when my motion sensor detect something in my living room, send me an email with information on the event, time, raison, photo attached etc ...all this only if alarm is armed

My additional server help me a lot and it is very useful

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Regards

Has anyone setup a scene to divert video to a TV when the door bell rings. There are a few options I am thinking of:

1. TV is not on

- door bell rings

- via a motion sensor check to see if someone is in the room with the tv

--- if someone is in the room i.e. motion has been detected in the last x mins then turn tv on

- play video from outside IP camera on tv

--- if no motion detected then end scene

2. TV is on

As above, but if the tv is already on then automatically play the video stream on the TV

Added complication, if something is playing on the TV pause or mute what is playing

If it makes life easier my TV is always connected to a Media Centre PC running Windows 7 so I should be able to kick-off scripts to open video streaming apps, pause other apps etc

Guest jcs10
  • Inquirer
  • Hello,

I'm new to HC2, and i'm looking for a manual, about how the scenes are working, Variables for example !

And overall, I found that de fibaro devices are working very fine (of course) and very easy to use, but I have an IPX800 at home, to control my heating system.

So far is was easy to create the virtual device, and make 2 buttons : Eco / Confort (for the moment it's enough, I can add the 2 orders left later). And it communicate without problems.

But how can I know if I'm in Eco or Confort, the button does't change. Any Idea ?

Best regards,

Jean-Christophe

Guest Sjandu
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks for the info Krikroff.

I dont see where the option is to select a user for the camera in the scene also how to trigger a photo for email. Would it be possible to provide an example scene showing this?

When you mention additional server, could you provide a bit more information on what you mean by server (I'm assuming you're not referring to the server being the operating system). What kind of software/setup do you have to make use of the server as it sounds like it gives more flexibility which is what would be very useful for me also.

Thanks

But how can I know if I'm in Eco or Confort, the button does't change. Any Idea ?

Virtual Devices are write-only devices. You can issue commands, but they are not capable of receiving or processing status/return messages. So, even though you issue a HTTP GET say, it will ignore any payload returned.

Guest jcs10
  • Inquirer
  • Oh... no other possibility ? That's strange other devices have the possibility ...

And nothing possible with scenes and variables ? That can change a button if selected ?

Great idea, I use serviio as primary DLNA server and I can put cam stream into it and so access to the the stream everywhere in my house: TV, XBMC, Media center on Win 7, IPad etc...

Not possible yet in the current stable version 1.0.44, perhaps when stable v3.xx has been released with the XML / JSON support as requested and promised.

Stay tuned

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Guest Sjandu
  • Inquirer
  • Hey, I can see now where to choose the user for the webcam. Is there anything more that needs to be done to take a picture?

Guest jcs10
  • Inquirer
  • Thak you for your answer, I hope it'll working, as an IPX is less expensive as all the fibaro contacts !

I can't try the beta, was working once for testing purpose, and crashed after i unplugged the HC, now I get only 1 blue light after each install. I'll take more time to check this later.

Guest jcs10
  • Inquirer
  • I tried the new version 3.341, and for me and basics needs it's working.

Now I'm trying to understand this Lua.....

To be clear :

I have a virtual device with 2 buttons (Eco/Confort) Now if I clic on one the icon I made stay even if I reload the page (good thing), but if I change the state of the virtual device through a scene the icon stay back.

is it possible with Lua to check this ? Or to put this in a variable ? and check this when page is loaded (or 1000 better change are made at the same moment ???)

Hope you understand what I mean.

Is it possible to start a scene with switch 2 (S2) on the fibaro dimmer? ( I can't imagine it's not but I can't find it)

Guest jcs10
  • Inquirer
  • Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to constructs scenes....

I plan to drive my heating system.

And I have a variable "at home"

So if "At home" = 0 do timer mo/tu/th/fri turn virtual device in Confort at XX:XX and turn virtual device in Eco after 50400 sec

this way "easy"

But I want that if At home = 1 not to turn virtual device in Eco.

Any Idea ? is it clear ?

I use an IPX800 as virtual device.

Best regards,

Jean-Christophe

Guest thales almeida
  • Inquirer
  • no, it's not possible, it's only possible with the s2 of the relay

Or use the IN of a Door/Window Sensor with a bell push button.

This is a great solution... I'm mounting scene switches on my coffee table and one switch/sensor combo should be able to call 3 different scenes using "single", "double" or "triple" press..

Although I haven't got that far yet as there seems to be some work to do on the advanced parameters