Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro FGS221 S2 combined with wall controller?

Guest jrkalf

Question

Guest jrkalf

Hi,

I have a few Zwave.Me wall controllers and a few Fibaro modules. Especially for the FGS221 I'm looking for some help to create an advanced config.

I'm easilly able to pair the S1 of the FGS221 device to the zwave.me controller. As you push the internal B button a few times and it's paired. How do I pair the S2 to a physical controller?

My tools available for this:

- Zwave.ME controller

- HC2

- Optional: Monostable analog wall controller.

I'm not clear as to what you mean by 'pair', but there are essentially two operations in a ZWave world; Inclusion and Association.

Inclusion is where the physical device is added to the Home ID network. There will be a HomeID per Primary Controller. A device can only be included in one Home ID network.

Association is where you associate an action based on an event for a device. eg, if the button is pushed, issue a command to another device. By default, most association groups of a device will at the very least be associated with the primary controller.

So, by pair'ing, I'm going to guess you mean 'Inclusion'. The ZWave.me controller, presumably something like an Aeon ZStick will be a Primary controller if you already 'pair'd (Inclusion) the FGS221. The FGS221 will have its Home ID set to ZWave.me controller. Additionally, S1 and S2 are EndPoints of the device, and you can only use Association on those, to a device in the HomeID network (of ZWave.me network).

The outcome is that you cannot associate different EndPoints in the same device to different (primary) controllers.

Hope that helps. ps. If you meant "Association" when you said 'pair' then the above changes.

EDIT: Just read the FGS221 instructions. Button B is to do with Inclusion, not Association.

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • Hi dave,

thanks for the long message telling me to read the fine manual. Sadly, my choice of words indeed lead to make the wrong assumption to what I actually ment. I already explained that the S1 functionality of the FGS221 is already working. That means the device is already included into the z-wave network. S1 and S2 aren't 2 separately includable devices. You only include the root device itself and the two slave devices will be presented.

So in correct terms this time:

"How do I associate a doubleclick action on the zwave.me controller to the S2 of the FGS221?"

@jrkalf

Steady there. When I said "Just read the FGS221 instructions" I was writing "I have".. "Just read the FGS221 instructions". So I was attempting to provide more information to help you.

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • @jrkalf

Steady there. When I said "Just read the FGS221 instructions" I was writing "I have".. "Just read the FGS221 instructions". So I was attempting to provide more information to help you.

Sorry for that dave.

Do you have any clue on how to "associate" the S2 with a wall controller? I've yet to master that bit.

So, just realised you're not using the ZWave.me as a primary controller (with say a ZStick), but you're using a ZWave.me Key Chain Controller, together with the HC2 Controller. As reference (for others), a copy of the manual for the Key Chain Controller is here:

Please login or register to see this link.

From what you say, it sounds as though you've created an association from the Key Chain Controller to S1 of the FGS221, presumably so that when you push a button on the Key Chain Controller, S1 comes on or off.

What problem do you face in creating a second association from another button on the Key Chain Controller to S2 on the FGS221 ? Did you create the first association by using the HC2 interface, or using the devices directly. Is the HC2 displaying all four Group IDs for the Key Chain Controller ?

EDIT: Now I'm wondering are you talking about S1 on the Key Chain Controller or the FGS211? They both have an S1 and an S2. Could you provide as much detail as possible please.

Dave

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • Hi, it's not a "key chain" it's a wall controller. Let me link the picture (click for the zwave.me website):

Please login or register to see this link.

My actions which have taken place:

- HC2 is the primary controller

- Included the zwave.me controller into the HC2 zwave network.

- Included the FGS221 into the zwave network.

As I didn't see any way inside the HC2 to make an association inside the webinterface from the zwave.me to the FGS221 I've used the "manual" way of associating them together.

So I associated them directly using the association key on the zwave.me controller and the B button on the FGS221. The only thing this did is allow for the S1 to be switched.

I cannot associate the S2 key this way. Perhaps I'm doing it all wrong, please do tell how to approach this in another way to get it done properly.

I can't find a technical manual for this Duwi device. If you can, let me know. From what I can glean, it seems to have two Groups:

Single click and hold, double click and click-hold

So, when you look at the configuration for the Duwi device in HC2 you should see, in Advanced, Group ID 1 (single click) and Group ID 2 (double click?). Groups are for associations. Then you just need to Setup/'Add' the FGS221 device endpoints to the association list. You don't configure the FGS221.

However, it's entirely possible that the HC2 won't recognise the Duwi device and won't configure the two Group IDs, or possibly allow any parameter setting.

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks Dave, that did a large part of the trick. Also a lot of patience did.

I noticed that communications from the HC2 to the slave controller devices is "rather slow". And that's an understatement.

I managed to get 2 of my controllers to show up as "configured" and recognized. Now I had the group ID's and I was able to set them. It doesn't work perfectly yet, but parts are working. I guess a lot of patience and moving around with the HC2 to have "direct" communications with the devices to transmit the data is somehow key.

Battery operated devices only wakeup up periodically, so any associations or parameter settings will be queued up by the HC2 and sent when the device (the Duwi) wakes up. I forget what the default period for this device was. When you say it was slow, how slow ?

Also, when the HC2 has successfully set the associations it will appear in the "View" part of the Group ID as confirmation. I've written about battery operated devices elsewhere in the forums.

Glad to hear you've got it going.

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • how slow, one device shows 3840 seconds on the interval timer, the other shows somewhere around 4000 seconds. I have 2 showing 0 on the refresh timer. There's still room for improvement.

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • Sorry, to be more clear on what I mean... they already showed 0 seconds on the refresh timer. I think the HC2 hasn't set them up correctly just yet.

WAF is already dropping. Need to fix this asap

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • Dave,

Thanks for most of the help. Nearly all of it is working, except for the most important part and the starter question of this thread.

In the method you describe I can't select "endpoint 2" of the FGS221. I can only select the root devices of each node, but not the second slave / enpoint which is on the device.

Please login or register to see this image.

Any tips towards this?

I just wanted to confirm that you are configuring the Duwi device, not the FGS221. And that when you go into Associations and select Set Up on one of the Groups, you are saying that it does not give you the option to select either of the EndPoints/Slave Devices of the FGS221.

Whilst this is entirely possible for non-Fibaro devices (I have this problem with my Vitrum light switches), I would have imagined that the Fibaro switches would have been ok. I don't have any FGS221's so I can't verify.

Guest calvin4000
  • Inquirer
  • Hi jrkalf,

Were you able to include your wall controller in the HC2 ?

I've almost the same, except it's a Düwi, but in HC2, it is a Remote Controller... and it just doesn't work at all... pressing on up/down never trigger any scene for me....

Hi.

I´m new here and bought my HC-2, two mounths ago and I´have the same Düwi wall remote controller and I can´t get i to work with an FGD 211 -dimmer or trigger a scene Is there someone that could show me a screenshot on the string (programming part) in the HC2? Is there anywhere I can se examples of scenes (screenshots)?

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • Hi jrkalf,

Were you able to include your wall controller in the HC2 ?

I've almost the same, except it's a Düwi, but in HC2, it is a Remote Controller... and it just doesn't work at all... pressing on up/down never trigger any scene for me....

basic scene information can be programmed by pressing the save button in HC2 and then pressing the up or down button on the Düwi remote 3x quickly (within 2 sec) which will cause it to flash the led quickly for a bit which means it's requesting node information from the HC2 so it can program itself.

I've not managed to link the S2 yet to a button. It seems impossible and Fibaro is completely unresponsive to this matter on the fibaro forums.

If I press the run button on the scene in HC2 the scene is working,

but after saving the scene i´m pressing one of the buttons on my Düwi wall sender 3 times quickly (within 2 sec) but nothing happens.i'm not able to get any button on my Düwi device to activate the scene. Suggestions? Shoud the Düwi device associates with anything?

Guest jrkalf
  • Inquirer
  • I think we have an interpretation issue here.

After you 3x click the up or down button on the duwi you save the information you want programmed into the Duwi.

The scene's under the "scene" section of the HC2 is a "serverside" solution. It has nothing to do with with the groups/scene's inside the Duwi.

If you go to the device section of the HC2 and then into the properties of the duwi remote controller there's and advanced section. There you'll see two or three groups. In these groups you link the devices you want the remote controller to trigger together with the device that is suppose to be triggered.

After pressing save in that bit, you do the 3x up or 3x down to save it into the duwi device.

I don´t have those groups where I can link the devices. I´ve only get three different options under notify me (sms, e-mail or push) and assosiation and configuration. I hope I translated it correctly