Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sonos - Virtual Device

Guest deraaij

Question

Guest deraaij

Update: Please use TCP as of version 3.x as os.execute has been depreciated. As soon as we are able to have custom headers I will update the LUA code.

Hi all,

For those who are interested I made a Virtual Device based on the new LUA feature (inspired on lua code for MIOS) which can control a sonos device. It uses curl but will change it when the http api is documented. Change the IP address accruing to your needs.

EDIT: Added additional comments from other post which I posted in this thread.

EDIT: Changed req.lua --> /tmp/req.lua which works with beta 3.423 & 3.424

Play

Please login or register to see this code.

Stop

Pause

Previous

Next

Mute

UnMute

Volume – Not Working yet because we do not get the value off: _sliderValue_ @fibaro how does this work with Lua?

Example Text-2-Speech using LUA in a scene:

Remark: Play is initiated with the last statement to actual play the text (change it accordingly).

Example play song from network with LUA:

Remark: Play is initiated with the last statement to actual play the song (change it accordingly).

Example radio station via LUA:

Remark: Play is initiated with the last statement to actual play radio (change it accordingly). For now only the radio name is set.

Regards,

Mark[/b]

Guest David R
  • Inquirer
  • This is VD is good but if you have more than one Sonos in your house it sends them a bit crazy if there all not grouped together. Eg. press pause on kitchen will stop living room then press play on kitchen will start the bedroom. It sort of cycles through the different ip addresses

deamrperry, sorry but its not working. The volume is not changing.

When i move the slider it jumps back to prev. volume.

I guess the problem is to read the slider value. How to get hold of that?

[ Added: 2015-01-16, 23:26 ]

Anyone knows how to solve this? Problem with the slider in 4.031?

I can't get the Sonos Volume to work in LUA.

I customized this great VD for personal use (again thanks) and created buttons for playing different radio channels.

Also created (SONOS) Zone buttons, with this buttons you can simply add you SONOS to a specific Zone.

Then I created I scene which adds the devices to one zone, Sets the Volume and plays a radio channel.

Note: Make sure your SONOS devices keep the same IP (for example using DHCP reservation in your router). Create a Zone for every device (I got three) and import this VD tree times (off course using deferent IP’s).

Now i need to find out how to play Spotify playlists using this VM….

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You think you can advice me in how to change SONOS volume slider using LUA?

I have a VD for my TV but the volume is controlled by another IP a SONOS Speaker.

So all buttons except the slider controls the TV and that works fine, but how to get the slider to work for SONOS?

thanks for the VD. I have a question. The volume is working, but none of the radio stations are working. When am I looking TV and click on Veronica for example, the sound goes of, but no Veronica station. I have it with every other button.

thanks for the VD. I have a question. The volume is working, but none of the radio stations are working. When am I looking TV and click on Veronica for example, the sound goes of, but no Veronica station. I have it with every other button.

After you select a radio station u have to select play again....

Here you can see i am not a real programmer, maybe someone could help you out

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

[ Added: 2015-01-24, 17:05 ]

I just found out that you have to match your Virtual Device ID in the code in the ‘Main loop’ code section.

You can find your Virtual ID by watching the URL while you are managing the Virtual device:

For example: fibaro/nl/devices/virtual_edit.html?id=165

It’s also important to set the IP address off the device in the Main loop. It’s mentioned twice!

hello there

i have managed to add the Sonos as a virtual device with the help of the codes i found here (very much appreciated, thank you guys!)

now i want to make a scene to the queued song but cannot manage to get the code right, i know where the play code in the virtual device but i don't know what to do with it

please advice

Thank you

whic tcp port shoul i use?

if i put 1400 a can only get inform. from my sonos, but i cant control it. nothing work(play/pause/stop/slider.....)

I customized this great VD for personal use (again thanks) and created buttons for playing different radio channels.

Also created (SONOS) Zone buttons, with this buttons you can simply add you SONOS to a specific Zone.

Then I created I scene which adds the devices to one zone, Sets the Volume and plays a radio channel.

Note: Make sure your SONOS devices keep the same IP (for example using DHCP reservation in your router). Create a Zone for every device (I got three) and import this VD tree times (off course using deferent IP’s).

HI

can you please explain more  details how we can do it and where in virtual device because i have it working in 1 zone only every time  i add a second virtual device it control the first 1  but cant change the channels and i don't know how to join the zones i have 9 zone sonos 

thanks in advance

Tnx

Hi, can you please explain how do you add all loudspeakers to one zone? Thank you!

Hi all. 

Hope you can help me on this. 

i have got the virtual device working AOK, Text to speech working and all going good.

I though i'd try and make it so i can play an mp3/track from my Synology NAS but just can't get it to play at all. 

The idea is, to have a virtual button hooked up to an MP3 so when a button is pressed, it will play that track. 

Here is my code below: - 

I have tried IP address and DNS name of my NAS with no joy:-( 

I am very new to the LUA scene and just can't work out why this is not working. 

I am unsure as well how to work out the Content-Length length.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated on this.

Regards,

Hal  

hello agan

i added the virtual device of my sonos as explained perfectly and can control it through my HC2 but i can't get it to work in a scene, the list of commands i can put in the LUA code is "pressButton" and when i put it and write the ID of the button i want to be pressed it doesn't work

please advice

thank you

how to solve multi sonos environment ? I have two VD and basically it's working like that that "play" is playing one and another - not only defined one (f.e. kitchen)

Hi all. 

i have got the virtual device working AOK, Text to speech working and all going good.

I though i'd try and make it so i can play an mp3/track from my Synology NAS but just can't get it to play at all. 

The idea is, to have a virtual button hooked up to an MP3 so when a button is pressed, it will play that track. 

Regards,

Hal  

This something I would like to do. i.e. play an mp3 file. Has anyone an idea how to make it work or how to modify the code above

Brian

Hi all. 

Regards,

Hal

This something I would like to do. i.e. play an mp3 file. Has anyone an idea how to make it work or how to modify the code above

Brian

Hal/ Brain,

I use the following lua code (copyright: Jean-Christophe Vermandé) for playing an mp3;

You have to make an virtual device. Put the ip-adress of the sonos device and it's port usually 1400. The above lua-script is used under a button.

I use TTS (SONOS Virtual Device & Text To Speech (TTS) version 0.0.8) for dynamic text, the above script (Sonos play stream) i use for static text.

For playing the mp3 from the nas it would be made available for guest accounts (setting NAS share Music for example), the mp3 file needs to be part of the SONOS library otherwise it will not play (setting in SONOS configuration, make share available to songs library).

Make the adjustments necessary for your home environment;

playFile("//UNC path/musicfilename.mp3", volume);

Regards,

PdG

Hi D3v1ld0cs

That's Brill. It worked first time. I had pulled something similar of his French forum but could not get it to work.

Now to get those MP3 files made.

Thanks again. Made my day

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Brian

Thanks! I was trying to solve sonos mp3 file playing for few weeks. Now everything works like a charm

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello

Is there any chance to play from SONOS FAVORITES or SONOS PLAYLIST instead of mp3 file?

Ok, to get the correct url do the following:

1.) Play correct radio station on a zone.

2.) Surf to

Please login or register to see this link.

3.) Take the correct url, and replace the one in the example code.

Good luck!

Hello, thank you for this great topic. It helps a lot. But I still have problems playing a radio station via TCP.  I did (several times now) steps mentioned above. If I got it right you first have to press the button with the radio station and after that the play button. But nothing happens. Sonos keeps playing current song or starts playing the current song in the playlist. I also tested the code with 0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A at the end - no luck. It would be very great if someone could help me out here, please. At my HC2 there is Version 4.040 running

Hello, thank you for this great topic. It helps a lot. But I still have problems playing a radio station via TCP.  I did (several times now) steps mentioned above. If I got it right you first have to press the button with the radio station and after that the play button. But nothing happens. Sonos keeps playing current song or starts playing the current song in the playlist. I also tested the code with 0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A at the end - no luck. It would be very great if someone could help me out here, please. At my HC2 there is Version 4.040 running

Hello

I made it this way : copy all addresses from RADIOLOG and made .m3u  playlist file - and then put link to this file - works ok.

playFile("//192.168.2.155/music/3.m3u", 30);

But I have another issue - MP3 plays only for 30 sec and stops autmaticly - anyone knows why?