Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Vitrum support?

Guest hotrot_net

Question

Guest hotrot_net

I like these

Please login or register to see this link.

Is fibaro planning to add support for those switches??

Or is anyone out there that has these connected to a HC2

13 answers to this question

@Hotrod, here's a thread with a similar question

Satellite switches aside, the normal switches (that hook up to lights) support the ZWave Basic command set. So you can remotely switch them on and off, you can set up associations (including multiple endpoints). I have 25 BS Vitrum switches, a mix of satellite and master switches, including both single and double gang.

They are the best looking ZWave switches around. One of the more expensive, although not as much as the MK Astral switches.

HC2 does not recognise them as "Vitrum", just as an On/Off switch. What support are you specifically looking for ?

Guest hotrot_net
  • Inquirer
  • Sorry Davedotnet, didn't see that.

What I would like is the multibutton

On one place in My house I have 4 switches in a row (convential) I want to replace these with one multibutton.

What about the satellite switches isn't is posibble to dim lights with that one??

So the Vitrum II BS satellite wireless will only be able to turn on and off?

So, the four button unit comes in various flavours;

Wireless On/Off - these are electrically connected to the light, and support ZWave

Classic On/Off - just an electrical switch, no ZWave

Wireless Satellite - these are not connected to the light, but support ZWave

You have indicated which one you're looking at, or in what circumstances. To power four lights you will need the Wireless On/Off flavour. However, they will not dim. There isn't a dimmer version for the BS IV.

If you're talking satellite versions then these are not connected to lights, but can be configured to send On/Off ZWave commands to a Wireless On/Off, or, programmed to send a Binary Set (0x00->0xFF) command to a Wireless Dimmer. Satellite switches can only take on either the persona of a On/Off or Dimmer but it gets applied for all the switches on the panel.

Maybe you can tell me what you're electrically trying to achieve and I can recommend what switches would satisfy your configuration.

I just bought 2 of these Vitrum satellite switches:

Hopefully they will work with HC2.

Otherwise I spent 600 euro on drink coasters...

Not related to the Vitrum question, I have two non-satellite ones. Has anyone else seen that Aeon Labs are releasing some nice (similar style) touch button switches. I expect they will be much cheaper than the Vitrum switches - which in the uk, seem to have shot up in price 30% in the last 2 months.

I just bought 2 of these Vitrum satellite switches

How come the Satellite switches. Are you going to use them as scene switches ? or associate them to real light switches ? Vitrum do some nice scene switches where the buttons are numbered, although no sure what ZWave messages they send or whether HC2 supports them.

I expect they will be much cheaper than the Vitrum switches - which in the uk, seem to have shot up in price 30% in the last 2 months.

Not only that, but last year Vesternet stopped selling them, and I'm wondering why. I'm currently buying any additional Vitrum supplies from UK Electrical Supplies (www.ukelectricalsupplies.com). They seem to be the cheapest, but the lead time is 3-6 weeks. That said, not many distributors carry stock so everything has to come from Italy. My theory is that the Vitrum (ThinkSimple spa) is more geared to commercial property, eg hotels, new builds, etc. I wish there was an alternative, both in terms of distributors, and, manufacturer for this kind of switch. Do you have any links for the Aeon Labs switch plates?

"z-wave products" were very cheap, not now though. I had a look at ukelectricalsupplies but they want £170 just for a dimmer with no plate. which is what i paid for both module + dimmer. Like I said though, zwaveproducts arent cheap for these anymore.

<-- Then go to touch panels. I send the parent page as its the only one with an image.

The smart film might be really interesting too, but we'll have to see.

Thanks for the link. Lots of interesting products to come. The light switches are very Vitrum like. I'd definitely consider those. I've never seen the Smart Film concept before. I'd like to put that on all my windows at the front of the house. Not sure how feasible/practical it is though in terms of supplying power. You couldn't have power cables running from every single pane of glass. Nonethless, I will keep an eye on them.

I just bought 2 of these Vitrum satellite switches

How come the Satellite switches. Are you going to use them as scene switches ? or associate them to real light switches ? Vitrum do some nice scene switches where the buttons are numbered, although no sure what ZWave messages they send or whether HC2 supports them.

Hi Dave.Net,

I already have lots of Fibaro dimmer switches/relays.

Currently I can manage them only via computer. No switches at all on ground floor.

So by using satellite switches I can choose which actors/scenes I can assign to each of the 6 buttons.

The scene switch from Vitrum is also very nice, but has only 4 buttons.

Now I will get (I hope!!!) 6 buttons for scenes in the kitchen, and 6 in the living room.

grtz, Benno

Thanks for the link. Lots of interesting products to come. The light switches are very Vitrum like. I'd definitely consider those. I've never seen the Smart Film concept before. I'd like to put that on all my windows at the front of the house. Not sure how feasible/practical it is though in terms of supplying power. You couldn't have power cables running from every single pane of glass. Nonethless, I will keep an eye on them.

I just took a look at Aeotec website: very promising!

Fibaro should come up with something like this as well...

Guest shapa
  • Inquirer
  • Using a lot of vitrum switches / panels / dimmers / blinds controllers / etc

Fibaro is one of the best contollers to use with Vitrum as it is not detecting multiple items per switch (vera3 / zipato - does).

Aesthetically, they are simply the best. "ipod"-like control is amazing.

Hello, I'm wondering if Vitrum works good with latest version of Fibaro.

Any feedback will be appreciated

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you very much!

Nuno