Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter with HC2

Fabcatan

Question

Hi,

Is there someone who have an Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter and can share screenshot from HC2 and some coments ?

Thanks in advance

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Guest GrZeCh

Hello,

currently it looks like on screenshot attached to this post. I've received meter (3 clamps) yesterday so I didn't had time to play with it but I've connected 3 phases at power "exit" from my house. First meter refreshes constantly showing current usage and 3 phases refresh from time to time.

As you can see under phases Fibaro shows 0kWh so power usage from this meter is not being counted in latest beta software power panel.

Regards

EDIT: After HC2 hard restart there are new values being showed at the bottom of each module form this meter, each phase is also refreshing quite often but still no energy usage in Energy panel in Panels section.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Hi

Thanks for this first quick feedback

Once you've played with it can you please confirm if this sensor if fully compatible and ifpossible share other screenshots

I have 3 phases that distribute the energy at home

I'd like to know :

the current (on the moment) energy use of each phase

The global current (on the moment) energy use

If there are graphs associated to see it on different time basis ( on the moment, by day, by week, by month, by year)

If pics can be show

If it is possible to edit reports (maybe excel format)

Also, I don't understand the numbers mentionned in your screenshot

Is the first number supposed to be the sum of the 3 phases ?

Thanks again

Guest GrZeCh

Hello,

take a look at this post:

Please login or register to see this link.

it shows what is working and what's not regarding this meter (actually what you see on my screenshots it's all what is working currently so no graphs, history etc.). My screenshots are showing that first device is a sum of all 3 phases which are placed next to it.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks,

So, currently this power meter is useless ....

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

I, more and more have the feeling that it's difficult to have non Fibaro modules to work wit the HC2

Such an expensive box with such a poor support ...

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

Guest GrZeCh

Since Energy panel already exists and this is still beta version of HC2 software then I think it is a matter of time when it will be supported correctly. Basically it is being recognised correctly and only thing which is not working is to monitor it's usage with keeping history records. I'm only wondering if Fibaro will add some properties to exclude modules from energy metering because now when I'm sellecting "Garage" as a room from where I want to see power metering there will be counted probably 4 modules instead of first one which is a sum of all phases.

Maybe Fibaro crew could shed some when we can expect next beta software and if it will support this meter in energy panel?

Regards

Hi

My version is also the V1 so don't assume that the V2 does not work. I have a strong suspicion that the problem could also be with the V1 module as they are very different.

As with all z-wave this is a matter of patience. I have tried a few systems and they all struggle with some modules.

My feeling is that Fibaro is slightly better and refrains from just saying it is the module manufacturer's fault and is trying to have wide support.

Robert

Guest GrZeCh

Have you tried maybe to upgrade meter firmware:

Please login or register to see this link.

?

At the beggining I had some issues with adding meter to HC2, then I've updated its firmware (I always do that with new stuff) and tried again and this time it worked.

Regards

Do you got aeotec clamp meter working OK with Fibaro? Mine do not wake up if there is change in power consumption. I can read values if i wake up the clamps by pressing the button but after some time it goes to sleep and nothing wakes it. I use USB power supply.

Dissociate from the z-wave network, Remove the battery (or disconnect the power for 60 seconds) and then connect USB and associate; for me in these way function!

Marco

Guest GrZeCh

Hello,

I don't have any problems with Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter DSB09104-ZWEU. It just works. Recently I had to remove it from HC2 and readd it because main energy summary meter was showed as temperature sensor and humidity sensor but after adding it again it is being showed again as energy meter.

Actually I have other issue but this is no energy meter fault. I'm metering whole home thee phases and when my heat pump is on standby energy meter shows usage about 500W for heat pump where is actually uses less than 100W. It is caused by phase shift and it looks like only solution is to create separate hardware for metering this kind of usage.

Regards

Hello,

I don't have any problems with Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter DSB09104-ZWEU. It just works. Recently I had to remove it from HC2 and readd it because main energy summary meter was showed as temperature sensor and humidity sensor but after adding it again it is being showed again as energy meter.

Actually I have other issue but this is no energy meter fault. I'm metering whole home thee phases and when my heat pump is on standby energy meter shows usage about 500W for heat pump where is actually uses less than 100W. It is caused by phase shift and it looks like only solution is to create separate hardware for metering this kind of usage.

Regards

I have the problem indicated in the photo; the Unit measure is not Watt but Umidity (%).

Who knows how it's possible to resolve?

Thanks in advance

Marco

Casanica,

i have the same problem after a few days or a few week, or an upgrade, so i restore a backup where all my 3 sensors are effectively energy probes and not humidity probes.

My probes are powered on the sector and not on battery

can someone explane to me hoe to configurate the Aeon Labs Energy Meter to HC2.

i have the first edition. it has a black dot on back, but if i press it three times and add to HC2 nothing happens. same iff i press just ones.

thanks,

i tride to exclude, this is what i get.

device is deleted succesfully

learning mode error. try again

Hello,

Regards

Does your DSB09104 works also with the new HC2 software 4.018 ?

thanks,

i tride to exclude, this is what i get.

device is deleted succesfully

learning mode error. try again

then i guess you have to include it close (remove "vinkje", or including it wrong (wrong button, perhaps push it three times in stead of 1?)

when i deleted it, and pres ones two three times, it reacts on the first button directly

three times wont work.

test it with another controller, this way you can check if you are doing something wrong or the hc2 doesn't support this device (anymore)

i get it into HC2 in 4.024

but no measerment still 0 watt

i put the climp to the yellow eletroc pipe blue and brown goes into it