Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec 4-in-1 fully supported by now?

hvb83

Question

I'm in need for some multisensors. Three of which should be able to be mounted in humid environments, so the new Fibaro sensors won't suffice anyway I think (if they ever get released..).

The Aeotec 4-in-1 would suit my needs, but afaik only temperature is supported by the HC2. Now I've got a webshop that says the sensor is fully supported from 1.036 and up. Is this true?

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

jonny, hotrot_net, batery or power?

hotrot_net, can you cover in dark device and check if after 30min is still old value?

Battery. I understand the latency can be an issue when on battery. It's been in a cupboard since Sunday (forgot to take it out). Was still saying 1000. It was working ok on the last beta, with a slight delay as you point out

Al the default parameters are completely wrong on my setup aswell but even after setting them it i still only have motion sensor nothing else! Did work as previous comments state...

[ Added: 2013-03-16, 19:21 ]

The parameters have defaulted back to 1 sec motion 224 etc etc... screwed up all my scenes based on motion detection! This box is seriously losing its WAF factor very quickly!

WOULD THE FOLLOWING BREAK THE PARAMETERS?

Configure the unconfigured device:Force re-configure all devices. Note! With a large number of devices that are not configured Z-Wave network may not be available for some time.

[ Added: 2013-03-17, 14:07 ]

Any ETA on repairing this MISTAKE? all my scenes run on lux levels as HC2 does not have adequate sunrise/sunset or should i say dusk till dawn settings!

[ Added: 2013-03-18, 18:19 ]

Lol still no sign of a fix on the cards knew I should have ordered vera 3 as well as a fall back!

deanrparry, what version firmware you got? 1.18?

if not please do upgrade a firmware

Please login or register to see this link.

Guest Sjandu

Hi

I upgraded to the latest HC2 version last night. The AL 4 in 1 I already had previously just showed motion only and this was still the case after the upgrade. After removing and adding the device twice, the three additional sensors were detected. Great!

I added another AL 4 in 1 sensor last night too, with no issues.

This morning I noticed all four sensors for both of the devices were showing up as dead nodes. When I try to connect to dead nodes, the icons come back on for a few seconds (between 5 and 15) then go back to the dead state. I am using firmware version 1.18 both 4 in 1 sensors.

Not sure what changed overnight, the sensors were showing up fine but this morning they keep reverting back to dead nodes.

Guest dsilletti

Hi, there is a well know bug with battery operated devices,

For now simply check on don't mark device as dead in the settings.

Regards

Domenico

Guest sgbirch
Hi, there is a well know bug with battery operated devices

Is that bug in the z-wave chips or in the HC2? If you have a sec, would you be able to give more information or a link to a description of the bug?

Thanks ....

Steve

I am running v3.545 of HC2 and v1.18 of Aoentec multisensor

When I press on the tamper button the device status updates to "Device is awake" then within a few seconds it updates to "Device is asleep".

The updates are inconsistent or non-existent.

I have tried many different parameter values for wakeup interval and polling time, but none seem to work.

I have tried with batteries first, but am now powering it from USB on my PC. I have also tried setting do not mark as dead= yes.

Is it possible to have the polling time of 1 second for the PIR?

amilanov, no problem for me with this product since v3.5xx

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

look my settings i hope it can help you:

ps: Aeotec send notification to HC2 when it detects movement, polling may be use to request temp, lux, humidity value.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Wrong topic..

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

amilanov, no problem for me with this product since v3.5xx

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

look my settings i hope it can help you:

ps: Aeotec send notification to HC2 when it detects movement, polling may be use to request temp, lux, humidity value.

So this is going to be a dumb question, but how do I add a parameter?

When I select add and fill in the details to add parameter 5 as per your screenshot i then go to save it and it disappears. What am I doing wrong?

@Kirkroff

My settings are a bit different since the pir did not work I have set the option 4=1

Option 3 is for me 60 else the sensor will generate so much data.

What is the purpose of option 5?

my setting

@Amilanov in the PIR settings just use the option add parameters

So after adding the parameter 5 several times and clicking save eventually it appeared there... no idea what is going on. seems like a bug. I'll report it on bugzilla.

[ Added: 2013-04-17, 22:21 ]

@Kirkroff

My settings are a bit different since the pir did not work I have set the option 4=1

Option 3 is for me 60 else the sensor will generate so much data.

my setting

@Amilanov in the PIR settings just use the option add parameters

yeah, i did that. it just ignored all my updates and continues to do so as I tried to change another one of the existing parameters a minute ago

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

can anyone provide a summary of what each parameter does and how to configure new parameters? thanks.

ps: thanks @Kirkroff, when it finally accepted parameter 5 the device started working!

Which commands to send when PIR motion sensor triggered : 2=sensor binary report

ps: thanks @Kirkroff, when it finally accepted parameter 5 the device started working!
it's cool ....