Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec 4-in-1 fully supported by now?

hvb83

Question

I'm in need for some multisensors. Three of which should be able to be mounted in humid environments, so the new Fibaro sensors won't suffice anyway I think (if they ever get released..).

The Aeotec 4-in-1 would suit my needs, but afaik only temperature is supported by the HC2. Now I've got a webshop that says the sensor is fully supported from 1.036 and up. Is this true?

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

What is the best response time anyone has for their Aeotec PIR?

I am trying to get the PIR to turn the lights on when I enter a corridor, but at that the moment they don't turn on until i am half way down the 5 metre corridor. I am powering the multisensor by USB and have the wake-up interval and polling interval both set a 1 second. I have also turned the sensitivity up to max on the sensor itself.

EDIT: I have been reading that the zwave PIRs are not very good at detecting motion, for example they can be too slow:

Please login or register to see this link.

It's not too late for me to hard wire all the PIRs if it means accurate and fast readings... has anyone does this?

EDIT2: It looks like the quickest I can get PIR updates is in 10 second intervals. ie. motion is detected and then 10 seconds later motion is detected again.

Guest Kuuno

there are 2 different things that matter

1.reaction time when motion is triggered-aeotec sensor is pretty slow here

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2. time to trigger next movement - this can be changed via parameters

with mains powered i think it can always trigger motion?

amilanov, no problem for me with this product since v3.5xx

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

look my settings i hope it can help you:

ps: Aeotec send notification to HC2 when it detects movement, polling may be use to request temp, lux, humidity value.

Where do we find the meanings of these parameters?

Am I missing something? I have searched for days for help on settings etc.

My 4-1 in one once configured takes about 3 days to settle down and report fairly accurate data, but the motion sensor on minimum constantly reports movement when nothing is there.

there are 2 different things that matter

1.reaction time when motion is triggered-aeotec sensor is pretty slow here

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2. time to trigger next movement - this can be changed via parameters

with mains powered i think it can always trigger motion?

I am mains powering the device and it is still sluggish. I agree that it should be super quick on mains.

Is this a deficiency of the device?

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

I just receive mine, but the movement sensor is not working for me and I put the sensitivy behind at the maximum. I configure like Krokroff but longtime to detect moement and stay in alert for 0.05sec so very quickly ^^.

Any idea???

Shad,

I configure like Krikroff

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" /> but longtime to detect moement and stay in alert for 0.05sec so very quickly ^^.

Set parameter 5 value 2 (1d) -> Magic number

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

Set parameter 3 value 10 (1d) -> Trigger timeout 10s

you can found very usefull information about z-wave device here:

Best regards

edited: sorry i have read your post so quickly ! Perhaps your sensor is not in the right place ? try to change the position: PIR is very sensitive to temperature change: sunlight, radiators etc..

Good that is working now, but now I don't find in your document, does is possibe to change time beetween sending value. Because sometimes I must wait like 12 sec to detect movement on fibaro so turn on the light.

Good that is working now, but now I don't find in your document, does is possibe to change time beetween sending value. Because sometimes I must wait like 12 sec to detect movement on fibaro so turn on the light.

I have the same problem. Once the sensor detects movement then it takes up to 10 seconds or so before it can detect motion again.

Guest shapa

BTW, direct pairing with switches / dimmers work faster (reaction time is decreased significantly)

It is not useful in many situations but sometimes it is.

Krikroff,

Do you know how to change time of refresh for luminosity (lux)???

I think is parameter 113 but not sure.

Guest PJ
Krikroff,

Do you know how to change time of refresh for luminosity (lux)???

I think is parameter 113 but not sure.

I have the same question. I noticed too, that refresh time for lux is very very slow. I have my 4in1 battery powered. Did someone manage to change it?

Here is advanced (tech.) manual for the Aeotec Multi sensor:

Guest PJ

Thank you.

So, if I understand correctly, parameters 101-103 say respectively whether temperature, humidity and luminosity are sent automatically and parameters 111-113 say how often they are being sent, right?

EDIT:

It doesn't really work now. I changed parameters to these:

But my 4in1 didn't refresh luminosity since yesterday. Does someone have managed to configure it correctly so it refreshes always when needed? (Would be the best if it was possible to configure it like everspring humidity/temperature - so it can refresh everytime, when change of any parameter is bigger than X)

I have ordered 3 aeoec 4in1 ... when have 1 of those i can try to help US to understand how it work ......

PJ .... 101 is the parameter that specify wich value are sent to device_group1 (normally HC2)

You have to configure it in order to include both luminance, humidity and temperature.

From manual, by my point of view, you have to send out binary like this :

configuration Value 4(LSB)

Luminance

Humidity

Temperature

Reserved

Reserved

Reserved

Reserved

Battery

Reserverd bit is declared from manual that need to be 0, so for sending the 3 parameter and battery you should send a value of 11100001 --> 225 ?!?!

Can you try this ?

[ Added: 2013-08-26, 19:13 ]

So, if I understand correctly, parameters 101-103 say respectively whether temperature, humidity and luminosity are sent automatically and parameters 111-113 say how often they are being sent, right?

By my point of view no.

Parameter 101 is for group 1, 102 for group 2 and 103 for group 3 (that is different to say 101 is for temperatre, 102 is for humidity and 103 for luminance)

Also give a try to value 135 wich is 10000111 (reverse order)

Let me know if it work !!!!

[ Added: 2013-08-30, 21:25 ]

I've received my Aeotec 4in1

I can confirm that value of 225 on parameter 101 work and Aeotec4in1 start send all value (temp , hum , lux and battery ) to HC2

Bye

Guest PJ

Thanks, and sorry I didn't have time earlier to check what you suggested

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" />

Could you please make print screen of all parameters you use for your 4in1, because my still doesn't refresh luminosity?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't have time earlier to check what you suggested

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" />

Could you please make print screen of all parameters you use for your 4in1, because my still doesn't refresh luminosity?

Sure .... here you are below.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Has anybody been able to get it to update temperature, humidity and light more frequently?

What do you mean , by "more frequently?"

My 4in1 update in less then 3 minute .......

I've tried now ... lux 8 --> turn on light --> after 2 minute (and refresh of home page) lux 60

Has anybody been able to get it to update temperature, humidity and light more frequently?

Currently my 4-1 updates all the sensor information after 3sec interval. I am using USB power and this is for testing purposes only. In real life I think this is too small interval, just jams the z-wave network too much without good reason.

When i look at the event panel it looks like it updates every 8 minutes.

Do I have to use USB power to get it to update more often or can I change the parameters?