Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-Wave Aeon Labs Inline Smart Energy Power version on Beta

robmac

Question

As I could not get my hands on a Greenwave, I invested in a Aeon Labs Inline Smart Energy. Power version.

Only a single socket but rated at 4Kw 16A in EU version and the plugs on trailing wire so can be converted to UK or used with an adaptor. Would reduce rating in UK to 13A though.

Installed first time and power usage shows up nicely. Only reports as an on/off but all functionality is good.

Possibly a z-wave device that has been implemented to design and does not need Fibaro to add extra code to handle but I will report back in a few weeks when I have tried to use in scenes, LUA and associated.

Shows in Energy panel but the panel is a bit buggy still in the beta.

Robert

3 answers to this question

Hello, does this work nice with regulated power consumption? I mean if you will turn down power, let's say electrical heater, does fibaro shows this instantly in live tab??

I was testing aeonlabs smart energy switch, and it seemed to be alittle slow. I had to put "wake up time"? for it and if i inserted 1sec interval then it seemed to take about 5sec before LIVE tab changed. I was using dimmable light to test.

• Inquirer
  • I have mine on my Coffee machine that is PID controlled with separate steam and brew boilers. You can see the power fluctuate as the PID turns them on and off so I think it would.

Power seams in the correct realms so I can now tell that my Aeon Labs HEM is out.

I thought it was and I think I know why. I will post in Beta for that. The risks of testing Beta

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

Now I know how much it costs to heat my coffee... a lot less than the beans.

Robert

Named files wrong way.....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • I was testing aeonlabs smart energy switch, and it seemed to be alittle slow. I had to put "wake up time"? for it and if i inserted 1sec interval then it seemed to take about 5sec before LIVE tab changed. I was using dimmable light to test.

Have you tried setting parameters 111,112,113 to a low setting? I think the interval for reporting defaults to 4 so it is behaving as designed if you get a response every 5s ish.

Try setting to 1?

Robert