Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Control Danfoss living connect in each room

Guest Maikelllll

Question

Guest Maikelllll

Hello,

We are considering to buy a Hc2 system with danfoss livin connect cranes (8x) for 6 rooms.

My question is, We want to control the temperature from each room seperate. (6 rooms)

I send some e-mails with a shop in the netherlands en they told me i can use a 2 relais switch to turn on/off the heating boiler. With other words, it will only heat, when its get a signal from one of the two rooms that are linked with the 2 relais switch.

Is there an other possibillity to make is work for each room?

Maybe with a horstmann hrt4-zw that sends signals to the heating boiler when a room asks heat????

I also understand that i need a temperature measuringpoint in each room..

What is a good sensor? The 3-1 door sensor with temperature add-on?

I hope you guys understand me because english is not my strongest point

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Greetings Maikel.

3 answers to this question

If there is possibility to draw some wires around the house - then I'd reccommend Universal sensor + DS18B20 temperature sensors. It is best investment - you'll get 4 sensors with best price this way.

3-1 sensors are good also, but quite expensive, if you want only temperature measurements. The next thing is Fibaro Door/window sensor where you can install also DS18B20 digital temperature sensor inside. It costs less than 3-1 but it's 100% on the battery and you can install it everywhere.

The way I've understand it, with Fibaro you will need a relais for every climate zone that you want to control. So if you want to control the temperature in 6 rooms, you will need 6 thermostats (of course) and 6 boiler relais.

In regard to the last I'm not sure if you can use 3 double relais or if you need 6 single relais. Some people have told me double relais don't work as a boiler relais on the HC2.

Hi Maikel.

I use the Danfoss valves and the Horstmann as you suggest as an alternative.

All of the Danfoss valves are controlled from the Horstmann Room Thermostat using HC2. So where there is more than one valve in a room they all stay synced to the Horstmann.

The Horstmann Room Thermostat is associated with the Horstmann single relays. These are wired in parallel to the demand connections on the heating system for the older part of the house that has a single plumbed circuit.

I have just started to use HC2 heating panel to control the Hortsmann to be at different temperatures during the day in different areas of the house but this is recent so I am in the early days of testing.

I also have a relay in series with all of the Horstmanns to turn heating off for the summer months or as an override to turn all off.

I am sure there are other cheaper ways with temperature gauges and using logic in HC2 to switch a relay.

One thing to be careful of is short cycling your heating. Be it a valve, electric, gas or Oil you are switching you will not do it good or be efficient if you switch it too regularly.

I have a buffer tank and an economizing control to prevent short cycling so wiring all of the Horstmann in parallel is safe but if this is replacing a single heating controller that had protection built in, this wiring method negates the protection built into the Horstmanns. If you do not have something to protect against short cycling, wiring the Horstmann in parallel is not a great idea.

If you decide not to use the Hostmann and use a relay and thermostats you may want to consider the short cycle issue when setting HC2. Should be easy to configure