Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-Wave.Me Key Fob Associations

TANE

Question

How to add Z-Wave.Me Key Fob associations via HC2

I have managed to set some associations directly via the modules..Via HC2 is not easy to do that..How can I do that...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Guest jrkalf

Hi Enver,

your setup as you've posted in the picture looks the same as the Qees device you've supplied me with. 4 groups for the 4 buttons.

With me a device wake-up on the Qees device made it "download" the new settings. How is the device wake-up done on the ZMEkey?

On the Qees it was just pressing a button on the device about 30 seconds after the association was done in the HC2 and saved. Be sure you don't have a "wait state" storm going on, on the zwave network, because that could seriously impact the time it needs to save the settings to the zwave engine and have them ready for transfer to the keyfob.

Jelle

• Inquirer
  • Jelle,

In then new beta it works(3.488)

I can now assign devices to the groups.

To bad that associations is only posible to the first device of FGS221. Second one will not show in the list...not sure if this is limitation of the Keyfob is.

The Z-Wave.Me KeyFob (and the Qees MyKey and the Aeon-Labs KeyFob) can control LUA based scenes.

If you use scenes with the Z-Wave.Me you are not able to use the association groups anymore, in the Qees MyKey you can run the scene by double pressing the button to run the scene or single press to control associated devices.

Here is a simple example for a scene:

Please login or register to see this code.

This scene is being activated by button# 3 from device id 146 (the MyKey) and changes a predefined variable "Alarm_Staus" into "Aan", it turns on device id 31 & 68 and turns them off after 5 seconds and sends a push notification.

Have fun!

Hi,

On my fibaro i see only one group ip 1 and not the four group id

then my code is :

--[[

%% properties

26 sceneActivation

%% globals

--]]

if(tonumber(fibaro:getValue(26, "sceneActivation")) == 1) then fibaro:call(14, "open"); end;

if(tonumber(fibaro:getValue(26, "sceneActivation")) == 2) then fibaro:call(14, "close");end;

But when i push the button the led is red

Dont Workkk!!!!

Help!!!!

Best regard

Julien

open close? try turnon turnoff

Hi,

I can't get the following scene working with the Aeon-Labs minimote (with ID 8) (HC2 FW 3.517). The scene is not triggered when I push one of the 4 buttons of the minimote. I saw in another post by ezHome.nl that the minimote should work for scenes.

Guest shapa

Aeon Minimote works fine for me (but not keyfob).

Please note, that keys are 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 for 4 physical buttons (short or long press).

The easiest way to identify them:

--[[

%% autostart

%% properties

10 sceneActivation

%% globals

--]]

local ButtonPressed = fibaro:getValue(10, "sceneActivation")

fibaro:debug(ButtonPressed)

Guest shapa

sure

I cannot get my ZWAVE.ME KFOB working for the life of me! Managed to include it and that is it! id:880 but now nothing even when I associate a device to a group! Any help would be LOVELY!

You must "wake up" the key fob to change configuration. Make the changes in HC2, then press all 4 buttons on the fob for a few seconds, then press 3.

I configured it to send scene activation messages. Add parameters 11, 12, 13, 14 and assign data type 1d and value 4 to all of them. Wake up the device as above.

Following LUA script will act on single click, double click, hold etc.

(my key fob device id = 31)

Guest hotrot_net

@astrandb

Does this still work?

because the connecting it to the HC2 no problem, but no matter what i do it doesnt turn my lights on.

I want to use it to set the alarm but can't even run a scene.!

[ Added: 2013-10-29, 21:33 ]

Some change as to what @astrandb stated

Add parameters 1, 2, and assign data type 1d and value 0 to them

otherwise its not gonna work

I have a really big problem with this remote control.

It is recognized, but it is impossible to have the configuration for the 4 buttons.

I often have two buttons but not four at a time.

For the two buttons, I must quickly click when the LED flashes for the second time.

But often it does not work and I 0 buttons, and the best I have only two buttons on the 4 normally.

I tried all my evening yesterday ... and still nothing! : (

Guest hotrot_net

@ Domodial

Do you have the same settings as I have?

the pic is missing 12,13,14 but thats not important, 1 and 2 are these tell the keyfob buttons are working as indivdual buttons otherwise button 1 and 3 are a pair and 2 and 4 are a pair

Guest jschun

I had my z-wave.me remote working this afternoon. Switched on some lights (over my Fibaro HC2 3.571) It all looked very promising. However the battery indicated that is was very low (out of the box, got it yesterday).

So my supplier advised to remove the device and add it again. And then the pain started.

Device did not want to be removed in te first place had to try several times with about an hour between the first couple of tries and the second. Finally it removed itself from my HC2.

Adding it was even worse. But finally it would add itself again. But for the last two hours I can't seem to get it to wake up and finish the entire configuration. So the association and parameter option are not showing.

Remote will turn into management mode (by pressing all buttons at the same time for 5 sec.) green led blinks slowly. But when I push button 2, nothing happens.

Even adding or removing it will no longer work (yes, it was a desperate measure I know, to remove it AGAIN). But I ran out of options to try.

Anyone any idea what I can try? Or is this unit FUBAR? (which seems unlikely because I was switching light son and off with it only this afternoon).

Please help.

I just want to use it to run 2 scenes eventually, nothing more (but nothing less either!).

Guest hotrot_net

@jschun

Ignore the battery, because the same thing my keyfob's are telling me the battery's are empty right out of the box. (one of them I switch the battery thats fine now)

I to had problems connecting them to the HC2, al lot of pain. I eventualy got them connected when being in range of the HC2 within 50 cm.

After setting it to connect to the HC2 and you see on the HC2 that it's being added push the 4 buttons again at the same time. that worked for me.

I think there's a timeout between the HC2 and the keyfob that is causing this.

The first of my 2 keyfobs had me working for several hours add and deleting. Had a lot of reading on the Mi Casa Vera site, same problems over there.

When I first got them I was having the same trouble.

Try to set more parameters. My keyfob didin't have the right settings anymore after removing and re-adding the device.

So try also to set: 1,2,16,24. and maybe even more. and ofcourse the 11,12,13,14 (but you already had that).

Because after I had set everything. It showed me the four association groups

Hope it helps....

@ Domodial

Do you have the same settings as I have?

the pic is missing 12,13,14 but thats not important, 1 and 2 are these tell the keyfob buttons are working as indivdual buttons otherwise button 1 and 3 are a pair and 2 and 4 are a pair

Hello,

No, I don't have the configuration lines (1,2 11, 12)

[ Added: 2013-11-14, 10:16 ]

I press the four buttons at the same time and I request exclusion with button 3 : OK

I press the four buttons at the same time I ask a inclusion with button 3 : OK (but the remote is not configured / set)

So I leave the window open, I press again on the 4 buttons and then the button 3 (I was 5 cm from the antenna).

I still do not have the 4 lines of configuration but only groups.

As stated above, I think that there is a delay between the handling, but which I do not know the answer.

the second time. For wake up. Do not press button 3. but button 2!

And the configuration lines wont appear there magically

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you actually have to add them yourself. And then it will start working

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Take a look here:

Please login or register to see this link.