Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Samsung Smart TV

deanrparry

Question

Would anybody be kind enough to help demonstrate how to get one key working via tcp/virtual device for my samsung smart tv ue40d7000 from there i can obviously do the rest and would be more than happy to share the full result once i have completed it!

Many thanks!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

there are a few threads on this and one in polish forum that you can read'ish with google

working my way towards it. I keep hoping someone else will do it

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

• Inquirer
  • POST /MainTVServer2/control/MainTVAgent2 HTTP/1.1

Content-Length: 245

SOAPACTION: "urn:samsung.com:service:MainTVAgent2:1#SetMute"

Enable0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A

^^^

I think that is not far off the code required tp mute the tv!

Please login or register to see this link.

to get authority it looks like you need to send MAC and IP and have your device registered on TV

then send command

must be something similar needed

• Inquirer
  • I managed to mute the tv via a windows application called device spy and that required no interaction from tv before working!

Looks like it varies by year. On my 2012 that service has moved and is not listed there.

Hi,

I've written a LUA script that should work for you (works for me

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).

It has to be used as a virtual device button LUA code (scenes don't support LUA Net library AFAIK).

This post was very helpful for me:

In my case (UE55C7000) I had to use different authentication datagram that the one in the link above that's why you can customize it in the script by changing tvAuthString. I got my string from sniffing one of the tv control apps for Windows (using WireShark).

List of possible key codes (keycodestring) can be found here:

And below is my Lua code - let me know if it works for you and for what TV - it would be nice to hear it works not only for me

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BTW. I've tested KEY_PLAY and KEY_PAUSE so far (these ones were interesting for me to get a scene where movie pauses and light turns on), but it should work hopefully for other keycodes

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please login or register to see this code.

You are awesome piotr!!!

It's working on my "old" LE40C650, many thanks.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Now I have to figure out how to send more key commands with one button to be able to start Plex in one step.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

I got now to Apps and step one down to first favorite app but the third key (enter) won't go...

I will give a try tomorrow ... today.

Thanks again for this great script!

Guest sk8er000

this script is AWESOME!!!

unfortunately the KEY_POWERON can't power on the smart TV but I think it's a Samsung's limitation

You are awesome piotr!!!

It's working on my "old" LE40C650, many thanks.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Now I have to figure out how to send more key commands with one button to be able to start Plex in one step.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

I got now to Apps and step one down to first favorite app but the third key (enter) won't go...

I will give a try tomorrow ... today.

Thanks again for this great script!

Just remember that if you want to send more than one keycode in a row you should add some delay... for example I like the apple-style resume from pause so after sending KEY_PLAY I add 700 ms delay before sending KEY_LEFT. In the code (just put it after sending the first keycode) it looks like this:

this script is AWESOME!!!

unfortunately the KEY_POWERON can't power on the smart TV but I think it's a Samsung's limitation

Thanks. Unfortunately KEY_POWERON won't work due to the fact that when the TV is off / standby it's network card is off too (and no wake-on-lan support AFAIK).

LE46D550 work with this authString:

• Inquirer
  • is it possible to read status from tv for example using the tv original remote control... volume up and home center 2 can see this and run an event?

For everyone, who want to control any TV working with some another software, this is solution to detect packages using Wireshark software. This is not that hard, only few steps:

1. Download and install Wireshark.

2. Download and install some software to controll tv - on Mac I'm using samsung widget.

3. Check if that software works with your's TV - if not search another.

4. Run Wireshark, select interface (e.g. ETH0), start capture, and type in filter: tcp.port==55000.

5. Run software for control tv and send one command (e.g. PowerOff).

6. Stop capturing in Wireshark.

7. Select any packet in the list by RMB and select 'Follow TCP Stream'.

8. In new window you will see talking process between PC and TV.

is it possible to read status from tv for example using the tv original remote control... volume up and home center 2 can see this and run an event?

There is a service called Rendering Control Service that allows you to read/set some of the values. take a look:

The scenario you're talking about might be possible but would require HC2 to periodically check current TV Volume.

Haven't played with it. You can use

to check all the upnp services that your TV is offering. The tool you're interested in is Device Spy.

If you're successful please share results

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guest sk8er000

it's a pity that samsung's smart TV turns off the network card when the tv is off

I discovered that bluetooth is still on when the TV is off, for example with the android app Samsung Smart view I cant turn on the tv using bluetooth..

It is a pity indeed. My TV doesn't have bluetooth, so for me to turn on my Samsung TV you can either do it via z-wave module like wallplug (the TV remembers it's previous state, so if you turn it off by cutting the power it will turn on automatically when the power is back - not sure how it'd impact the tv in long term) or you could use a device that would listen on a tcp port for commands and send them via Infrared (like Global cache itach or there are several DIY projects based on RaspberryPi, Arduino etc.). I'm currently playing with RaspberryPi - it requires some time and few electronic components, but it works.

Guest sk8er000

I have a ip2ir at the 2nd floor and works great!

and because of the networkcard I need a second one only to turn on the tv

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" />