Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Associations and device status

Lockzi

Question

Hello,

I have installed a dummy wallswitch (with 2x1,5kw Fibaro Relay - S1 named "Bed transmitter Wind") that is connected through associations to another Fibaro Universal Dimmer that controls LED-lights.

The problem I am having is that the two devices are not updating each others status, which gives me the result that if I use the app to turn OFF the lights (on the actual device that controls the load to the LED-lights), the dummy wallswitch will still state ON. Pressing the button one more time will just change the status of the dummy switch to state OFF, and another push is required to get it to change BOTH devices to ON. This only happens when the status of the real device (that controls the load) has been changed through the webinterface/app.

Is there a way to easily solve this?

Dummy switch configuration

Please login or register to see this link.

Real device's configuration

Please login or register to see this link.

3 answers to this question

I have exactly the same situation. You need to write 2 simple block scenes that will synchronize the switches. When you turn off the light on Dimmer then Turn off the switch and v-ce versa.

• Inquirer
  • I have exactly the same situation. You need to write 2 simple block scenes that will synchronize the switches. When you turn off the light on Dimmer then Turn off the switch and v-ce versa.

Thank you!

Works perfectly!

Is there a way to have it both ways in a single scene?

I currently have two scenes/state. Wall Sync On and Wall Sync Off.

Please login or register to see this attachment.