Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Reversed L and N

alutke

Question

A doubt if anyone knows answer me I would be grateful. If by any chance turn reversed the L-I with N, spoil the module or just not work?

Leave explain my case, I want to connect a device to the relay, but it would install the module into the machine, and how it can be connected without regard to the side of the plug, the connection could be reversed with the L-I and N.

Has anyone done accidentally or tested it? Even fibaro someone could answer me ..

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I have used dimmers and relays with L and N changed. Nothing have happened... yet..

I am no electrician, but I think, if this is AC, then there is no problem, BUT I might be wrong.

I have done this, and nothing happened - If you do this and relay breaks, then its not my fault

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

• Inquirer
  • I have done this, and nothing happened - If you do this and relay breaks, then its not my fault

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

lol

It is also thought that nothing would happen. I think the relay circuit is a little different than the dimmer, then it may work normally in one and not in another. But it is interesting to know that the dimmer no problems, the relay should not be either.

In the general electrecity, we don't car about L or N. Connect a voltmeter and check, you have 220V in both way because is alternative.

But for electronic that is totaly different, the power is continue, so if you inverse you are going to have not exemple 24V but -24V. So I don't think you are not going to broke the device, but I am not very sure for your relay.

Must happen all of the time with the plugin modules? Not sure how different the power handling will be in the compact modules but it may be an indication that it is worth testing.