Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Poll device from LUA?

Guest shapa

Question

Guest shapa

I need to poll some device (Vitrum switch) from LUA as it's not reporting status changed to controller in case his status changed via associated control panel.

Polling should help (I need to poll the device only in case some scene started, i.e. it is not a good idea to decrease polling periods for this device)

6 answers to this question

shapa, do that device got associations group?

if not then only by manual pooling you can do that try with 900s (1 ask on 15min) if you need smaller value try don't go lower then 300s

Guest shapa
  • Inquirer
  • A.Socha,

This device is detected as a "generic" one (screenshot is attached)

Yes, there is only one association group, but in fact is is very nice 4 button wall panel

Please login or register to see this link.

The issue is that I need to know from a scene that light is switched on manually (from scene controller or dimmer itself) and to disable "high light level" threshold (i.e. do not switch lights in an auto-activated scene).

Suggestion to use 300sec is not an option as I need to know that light is switched on faster (when a scene triggered with high light level)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

shapa, remote control, i can't help. sorry. Device what you controlling should send raport to hc2, if not doing that use our module

Guest shapa
  • Inquirer
  • "should send raport to hc2" - this device (vitrum dimmer) sends report without problem (when I'm changing anything on the device directly), report is not sent when _remote control_ changing device status.

With Vera3 I could easily poll device from Lua when it is necessary. What is the reason not to include this functionality to HC2?

Device I'm talking about:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

shapa, if you sending by remote control action turn or turn off device should report it, if you dont have that information then change module for that who gonna report

Guest shapa
  • Inquirer
  • It is not reporting, which is very confusing. What does it mean "change module"? Change vitrum switches? Each one is 300$+.

BTW, it could be HC2 issue - dimmer status is not detected correctly after polling period also (but detected in case of forced reconfiguration ("configure to default settings")).

Is it possible to arrange some session to check where the issue is?