Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Garage Door Control

christos

Question

Hello

Does anyone know how on earth to control their Garage Door Through Fibaro Home Center 2??

My garage door has only one remote control and a little push button on the wall...

One push of the button opens it and another closes it....

I know that if i fit one Door/Window sensor i will be able to know the status of the Door

( Open Or Closed )

But how do i perform the opening or closing the door ??

Regards

Christos

15 answers to this question

Guest Lode

Also you have to make a scene, if relay is ON then turn it off after 1 sec, then relay stays always OFF, waiting your command to open/close door.

You don't have to make a scene.

Set parameter 4 (auto off) from your switch to 1 second and it will turn to off automatically.

That's how i control my slidegate

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Best regards,

Lode

Has anyone solved the 'state machine' challenge. ie, when you pulse the garage door, how do you know if you're opening, closing or pausing it ie, supposing you use the controller to open it, and then manually close it. My garage door has a magnetic sensor to indicate that the door is closed so thought about creating a hybrid device with the universal sensor.

you have to connect relay module to push button, so that relay can make same impulse as your button. Then it works same, one click - door opens, another click, door freezes and third click - door closes. Nothing really difficult to do, quite easy.

• Inquirer
  • hello Lauri

Thank you for the reply

so youre saying i use a 1X3Kw relay

connect the Live and newtral to give power to the relay and then connect the relay parallel to push button on outPut.... of relay....

but that output dont give 240V?

Christos

You have to power the relay N and L then you have to open impulse switch (push button). There is 2 wires - if you connect them, it makes the door move.

Now you take these 2 wires and connect one to IN and other to O to the relay. Yes you can use 3kw relay.

This way you have:

Power - N and L

Signal - IN and O (these will be connected when relay is ON).

Also you have to make a scene, if relay is ON then turn it off after 1 sec, then relay stays always OFF, waiting your command to open/close door.

• Inquirer
  • Thanx A Million

Will Try It and let you know

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :)

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

regards

Christos

I use a sensor to know if the door is closed and then use scenes to inform about it. Have additional scene to open a door to some extend time based (GO 10sek STOP)

Have also a camera in the garage to check the state.

Would be great to have virtual devices based on the real.

Linking devices into 1 would be ideal.. I.e link a relay to a door sensor so if you pressed the door sensor icon it would trigger the relay

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • received my packet today with a sensor and relay switch....

they work like a charm...

does anyone have a proper garage door icon for using it ? i only see door and window icons

christos

Is this possible to do it with Single Switch 2? I have two cables which needs to be connected in order to garage door to start movement. On this switch there are S1, S2, L, L,Q and N ports. I use one L and N to power up switch and I see it in Fibaro. On which ports I should connect two wires which will initiate movement?

Hi all,

I used this method and it has been working perfectly for 3 years already :-)(Note that this is for 120V)

I can either use Fibaro or the garage door remote to open or close the door

- One Smart outlet =>

- One Relay =>

I have also added a door and window sensor FGDW-002 to know if the door is open or closed

I think I already write about my automation of garage door, but here it is:

USED MATERIAL

1. 1 x Fibaro Double relay FGS-222
    2. 2 x Fibaro door/window sensor FGDW-002
    3. 1 x Fibaro dimmer 2 FGD-212

EXISTING INSTALLATION

I have CAME garage door opener with radio controlled remotes and no push button installed for open/stop/close garage door, but with installed warning light and antenna outside.

INSTALLATION

1. Installed Dimmer 2 in garage to control light. Dimmer installed with two momentary switches of which S1 is used to control light (not that much since it is automated with VSL scene) and S2 is used for scene activation. Added scene which is triggered by S2 where 1 click activates small gate strike-lock, 2 clicks opens/closes sliding gate and 3 clicks opens/closes garage door.
    2. Installed double relay module inside CAME motor housing and relay supply is connected to motor supply (L/N) while relay 1 output (IN/Q1) to terminals that are normally used for open/close push button. Adjusted parameter 4 and 5 so that relay will automatically turn off after 0.5 seconds. I used double relay because price was same as for single relay and like this I have spare relay in case that first one fails. 
    3. Installed one DW sensor for fully closed garage door (normal sensing) and another one for fully opened door (inverse sensing which means show closed door when magnet is away and open door when magnet activate sensor)

POSITION OF SENSORS

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

With this type of installation I can still use CAME remote controllers as usual and control my garage door even if HC2 fail, but also have advantage of HA and can control garage door locally from switch connected to dimmer 2 and with mobile device or even automatically by the scripts.

Edited by Sankotronic
    Added pictures of DW sensors
    • Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 1:44 AM, GGFL said:

Hi all,

I used this method and it has been working perfectly for 3 years already :-)(Note that this is for 120V)

I can either use Fibaro or the garage door remote to open or close the door

- One Smart outlet =>

- One Relay =>

I have also added a door and window sensor FGDW-002 to know if the door is open or closed

Hi GGFL,

Can you please make some pics about the placement of the door and window sensor?

I have the same kind of sectioned garage door and wondering where is the best place for the sensor.

Many thanks!

B.

@Balage76

I used heavy duty velcro to place it perfectly

Here are some pix.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.