Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

OREGON SCIENTIFIC & RfxCom RFXtrx433 USB Support

yassinex

Question

Hi Fibaro

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is the OREGON SCIENTIFIC support planned in the near future ?

ATM it's the best (and only !!!) weather station devices out there.

BTW: Are you planning to support the 433 protocol ( RfxCom RFXtrx433 USB ) ?

This is the only thing holding me buying 2 HC2 devices.

Thanks alot for you replay.

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I've started working on functionality within Domoticz that sends data from devices and sensors to a homecenter whenever the status is updated. You can find more information in the wiki:

Please login or register to see this link.

I'm not an expert on the api and related functionality in the homecenter yet, from what I understand the updates do not trigger any scenes.

For now the function offers to send device statuses and sensor values from Domoticz attached hardware (such as the rfxcom) to a global variable or virtual device. In case of the virtual device it is possible to set a property, because I thought setting a label property with an incoming value would be the best way to view it in the homecenter interface. Any advice on better/more functionality is appreciated, you can post comments here or in our forum

As soon as v4 is out with more clarity on plugins or extended api functions I will look into a more solid solution.

It's relatively simple to setup an RPI to run with a rfxcom dongle and domotiga (just google rfxcom rpi) That will also add support for almost any other type of home automation interface through domotiga.

This can be done for less than 70€ including all needed parts, and the rpi consumes only about 3 W. It is also an excellent platform for a tiny footprint webserver (mine has been running 24x7 for two months with absolutely no issues).

I doubt fibaro will add rfxcom support any time soon as it is a competing standard. The reason for integration with wifi devices is because they are much more diverse and they can't stop this form of integration anyway (short of disabling http support, and then i'll be the first to launch a law suit).

So if you want to use rfxcom, you must use an intermediate server - there are several very good guides on the web on how to convert oregon weather station data into an easily digestable json using a usb port and a webserver. It's very easy (i'm doing it when I move to my new house).

I've started working on functionality within Domoticz that sends data from devices and sensors to a homecenter whenever the status is updated. You can find more information in the wiki:

I'm not an expert on the api and related functionality in the homecenter yet, from what I understand the updates do not trigger any scenes.

For now the function offers to send device statuses and sensor values from Domoticz attached hardware (such as the rfxcom) to a global variable or virtual device. In case of the virtual device it is possible to set a property, because I thought setting a label property with an incoming value would be the best way to view it in the homecenter interface. Any advice on better/more functionality is appreciated, you can post comments here or in our forum

As soon as v4 is out with more clarity on plugins or extended api functions I will look into a more solid solution.

Nice work going to test it..

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is it also possible to the other way. Need to control my Harrison...

At the moment using the Vera. Think Domoticz is a better option.

Nice work going to test it..

Is it also possible to the other way. Need to control my Harrison...

At the moment using the Vera. Think Domoticz is a better option.

If you know what codes to send, then it should be pretty easy to set up domotiga to send the command upon receiving a http command. I'll report back when I have my weather station set up. I might even write a guide on how to do it if there is sufficient interest.

[ Added: 2014-05-03, 11:01 ]

DomoticzPI is running and I can see the Oregon sensor

Push option works great

Thank you

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please provide some more steps and maybe screenshots of your setup from domoticz to fibaro using Fibarolink.

I have tried to set it up but it is not working or updating the values in either global or virtual devices. Please help. I am normally very good at these setups!!

FYI. All the Oregon Scientific temp and wind direction is set up and logging correctly in Domotica so that is not the problem

Many thanks

LBD

I will describe this soon on my blog.

Including from the HC2/HCL controlling devices running on the Domoticz server.

I've made some improvements and fixes today, sending the value with a unit wasn't working correctly. I can't seem to get any scenes to work based on a variable from domoticz; I can't select a virtual device as a scene trigger, so I'm experimenting with global variables. So far nothing works, I tried sending watt usage without unit symbols, comma/dot value, not even a predefined "On/Off" variable that gets switched from Domoticz starts a scene. I see the variable change in the variables panel but it does not start the scene. Is this only on the HCL? Are global variable triggers possible on a HC?

At the very least I would like to send over a daytime = On/Off from domoticz to have a working sunset/sunrise on the HCL, and a solar panel wattage > xxx watt would be nice too but so far no luck whatsoever...

Hardware sensors rasp pi or owl? I have Oregon sensors working perfectly...

My OS sensors are all working in Domoticz. I believe I have setup the Fibarolink settings correctly and have created a Global Variable in HC2 called "OutTemp"

See attached screenshot of my Domoticz settings. PS. I have tried adding the port number ":80" at the end and NOT but neither work!

Any assistance would be gratefully received

LBD

LBD

Please update to 1744 it should work then. If you still have problems it might be a firewall issue, check the log to see if there are any errors when the data is pushed.

LBD

Please update to 1744 it should work then. If you still have problems it might be a firewall issue, check the log to see if there are any errors when the data is pushed.

I have 1742 running.

There is no update.

I checked in 1744 yesterday and made a windows build. You should be getting the 1744 on linux machines when you're on the beta channel. If you're lower than 1744 uncheck the "include unit" option for now. Tane could you check if the pushed data works as a scene trigger on an HC device? I only have a HCL..

I'm running on a Pi

Can find the "include unit"

See lbduckers screenshot above, it's below the target variable line. The "include unit" option sends the unit with a value, e.g. "2000 Watt" instead of "2000". There was an issue with the url encoding of the variable + unit, unchecking the unit option below version 1744 should work, from 1744 sending the unit with the value works. Sending a value with unit is mainly for virtual devices where the value is just for viewing purposes, unchecking the option just sends a value, I was hoping that could be used in scenes like "if solar panels > 2000" but I guess it does not work that way.

LBD

The Log says "error: error sending data to Fibaro!"

How do I look if its a firewall issue with HC2??

Thanks

LBD

See lbduckers screenshot above, it's below the target variable line. The "include unit" option sends the unit with a value, e.g. "2000 Watt" instead of "2000". There was an issue with the url encoding of the variable + unit, unchecking the unit option below version 1744 should work, from 1744 sending the unit with the value works. Sending a value with unit is mainly for virtual devices where the value is just for viewing purposes, unchecking the option just sends a value, I was hoping that could be used in scenes like "if solar panels > 2000" but I guess it does not work that way.

I understand but even virtual device will not display a value... Just 'Not'

[ Added: 2014-05-12, 11:26 ]

ahhh i am running 1742 on rasp pi and no update available! that might explain why!