Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

help with Door and Window sensor...need to understand params

Lollo72

Question

Hello,

could anyone help me in understand the meaning of this two parameters in a Fibaro door and window sensor?

Wake up interval (s):

Polling time interval:

which are the best values that is good to use?

Thanks!

Marco

5 answers to this question

Lollo72, default setting are the best

Wake up interval (s): default 4000 time how often device is awake (device get configuration only when is awake ) if device is often awake then battery live less

Polling time interval: default 0

not need to change because device is reporting state self, for other device it is option to check what value he got (to low value of that parameter can kill you zwave network)

• Inquirer
  • Thanks A.Socha, ,

need help again, don't know how to change the value of the Param 5. I would like to set as Alarm generic frame.

But everytime that I set and save it seems that HC2 is not keeping this config.

regards

Lollo72, you need change it -> save -> wake up device

please start read manuals

How do these values work when I want increase the rate in which the door sensor reports the ambient temperature? How should these parameters be set if I want an temperature update every 10 minutes for instance?

Do I need to chance the parameters in the master or slave device (or both)?

[ Added: 2013-12-02, 09:16 ]

So after playing around with the wake-up interval & polling time values I figured out why it's not possible to get a temperature reading every 10 minutes...

By default a temperature change is only reported if the temperature changed more than 0,5 degree from the previous reading. You can change this behavior by adjusting parameter 12 of the door / window sensor.

Parameter 12

If the value is set to 0:

- if the wake-up interval is set to 255 seconds, temperature report will be sent according to the interval,

- if the wake-up interval is set to over 255, temperature report will be sent each ca. 4 minutes.

I've set my wake up interval to 10 minutes for now and get a temperature reading every 4 minutes like the manual says. This works fine for me but I will have to see what the impact is on the battery life.

Marc,

Thanks for sharing. I understand what you are writing here. I was trying to change param 12 as well but just like Pollo72, my HC2 does not seem to store the setting. At least, it's not showing it in the parameters list (running 3.571).

Any clue how to store and see the parameters?

@A.Socha - you are referring to the manual. I read that but could not locate where it talks about waking up the device.

Thanks for any guidance!

Ronald

** UPDATE:

Despite the fact that the modified parameter 12 setting is not showing in the GUI, I can confirm that the sensor is showing different behavior after setting it to 4. I get temp updates now if temperature changes >0.25 gr C, which is as expected and as the manual describes it.

**** UPDATE2:

Duh. Sometimes a good night's sleep helps. I just realized that my temperature sensor is a slave to the actual door/window sensor. It's the master device's GUI which actually contains the configuration template and where the parameters can be adjusted perfectly well. All sorted!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!