Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec KeyFob DSA22

candrea77

Question

Hello to all,

I've got some problem trying to use Aeotec KeyFob (DSA22).

I'm unable to correctly include this device into my HC2.

When set HC2 in learning mode and try to include this device , the procedure start .... but it doesn''t end up (the learning windows doesn't close automatically .... i need to close it)

Then my KeyFob is unsable and I'm unable to wakeup it manually (normally pressing lear button for 3 sec)

I've tried keyfob both with 3.559 and 3.560

Remove device work

There is some one that have this device and that can help me ?

Bye

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• Inquirer
  • Do you have follow this post?

Please login or register to see this link.

Yes, i've just read it and i know that i need to set parametr 250.

The problem is before this step.

HC2 doesn't finish the pairing procedure with DSA22 ..... the pairing window remain open (i need to close it manually).

After I close it, the device assume the state of "not configured"

I'm not able to wake up device for programming it ....... pressing learn button for 3 sec (or key 4 wich is the same) doesn't wake up device .......

Anyone with same problem with firmware 3.560 ?

with battery devices, wait a long time as sometime the time they are transmitting is too short. wait until the next polling to complete (sometimes 300 seconds)

closing the panel before the end is a bad idea and can cause problems with the device

Guest shapa

Wrong answer, it is not required to wait

Just wake them up (do not close the window) - configuration will be finished soon.

Press and hold "Learn" button on your key fob for at least 3 sec.

That is.

Just reconfigured my key fob, "wake up" process works fine.

You can also press "configure" in the device settings screen and push "learn", there should be green LED lit

• Inquirer
  • Have someone tried to reconfigure his keyfob with 3.559 or 3.560 ......

I can have 3 different situation and I need 2 know what is my case :

1) - My KeyFob is not working and i need to send it to my reseller

2) - Aeotec KeyFob don't work with new HC2 beta (versions 3.559 and 3.560 are the versions that i could try since keyfob DSA22 is in my hands)

3) - My HC2 have something (zwave parameter, timeout ???) wrong and so the Aeotec KeyFob is not working.

Now I want to try to investigate point 3 with fibaro support (sent PM to Andrew , waiting for answer) but if someone can test point 2 I will appreciate it !!!!

Thank you very much for support !!!!

Crippa Andrea

Guest shapa

"tried to reconfigure his key fob with 3.559 or 3.560" - I did.

Replaced batteries and reconfigured key fobs on .560

We are (me and my family) using those kebobs massively as entrance door / garage door openers and we don't have any issues at all.

Guest fab971

HC2 v3.558.

I have the same problem as you.

I can't use the remote control in a script

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi,

I am using the keyfob you indicated but firstly I struggled to configure it.

I had exactly the same problem you indicated and I sorted it out, but I don't exactly remember how. Anyway I am not at home at the moment, I remember I wrote down something about the configuration issue on the instruction manual, as soon as I come back home I will check and I'll update you.

I am sure your keyfob is working properly even if the configuration in HC2 is tricky.

Regards

Ucciogenerale

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

I am using the keyfob you indicated but firstly I struggled to configure it.

I had exactly the same problem you indicated and I sorted it out, but I don't exactly remember how. Anyway I am not at home at the moment, I remember I wrote down something about the configuration issue on the instruction manual, as soon as I come back home I will check and I'll update you.

I am sure your keyfob is working properly even if the configuration in HC2 is tricky.

Regards

Ucciogenerale

Thank you very much ...... I'm waiting your news.

Visto che sei italiano come me , un saluto anche in italiano !!!!

• Inquirer
  • It is very strange ...... trying to identify if my keyfob work or not, i've understand that the problem seems to be on HC2.

When i press learn for 3 sec (for activate the wakeup function) i can see the zwave led on HC2 blink. This happen any time I use wakeup on keyfob. Every damn time !!!!

So I think that the keyfob have no problem ...... but i wait for someone in fibaro that can connect to my HC2 (when i'm at home) for debug what happen on the zwave side !!!!

But i'm very afraid ..... at this time I left message on forum, a pm to andrew, mail to support ...... but no one have reply to me !!!! Sigh , this silence is deafening!!!! Maybe someone in Fibaro know this problem and are already working for solve it (my hope) !!!!

Hi guys,

sorry for my silence but I haven't had the possibility to check my notes yesterday night.

I will update you for sure tonight.

Candrea, be patient I am sure you will sort out the problem with the configuration, I will update you soon.

Regards

Marco

[ Added: 2013-09-06, 19:38 ]

Hi,

the problem I had with this device was related to the update of the parameters put through HC.

If you follow the manual instructions you have to set the device in "setup mode".

After this, if you should put the parameter 250 in configuration data type 1d and the desired value is 1.

See the attachment for further clarification.

Now in order to transmit this parameter you have to wake up the device pressing the 4th button for 3 seconds.

So to recap:

1)Put the device in setup mode following the manual instructions

2)After that you see the device in HC you have to update the mentioned parameter to 1

3)Wake up the device holding down the button 4 for 3 or more seconds

Hope this will help you.

You will understand that the device is working properly if the green light appears at every button pressure

Bear in mind that in this mode you will transmit to the HC the number associated at every button, so the device value will change at the button pressure. So you have to build a scene in which you read the actual value and so on.

Marco

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Marco,

unfortunately my problem is with wakeup.

Pressing button 4 for 3 sec (that is the same as pressing learn for 3 sec) don't wake up the device.

The keyfob led turn green ..... the HC2 zwave led blink ..... but HC2 dosn't recognize the wakeup progress !!!!!

PLEASE FIBARO : HEAR MY PRAYER !!!!

I've mailed support, PM to Andrew , post on forum ... nobody listen to me !!!!!

CAN SOMEONE IN FIBARO CONNECT TO MY HC2 AND DEBUG ZWAVE WHEN I WAKEUP MY DEVICE (IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND WHY HC2 DOSN'T HEAR MY KEYFOB)

Guest shapa

While I don't have any issues with key fobs, I could confirm that something is deeply broken (again) in the "pairing" process and z-wave stack - I'm seeing very strange device errors (not able to add some devices), z-wave "send error" and so on.

Be ready for a long fight... Many bugs are not resolved for 1+ year, simply ignoring them...

• Inquirer
  • While I don't have any issues with key fobs, I could confirm that something is deeply broken (again) in the "pairing" process and z-wave stack - I'm seeing very strange device errors (not able to add some devices), z-wave "send error" and so on.

Be ready for a long fight... Many bugs are not resolved for 1+ year, simply ignoring them...

+1

Same Problem for Me in 3.560 !!!

Battery are new and with my Zipabox the key fob works !

Please solved this issue !

• Inquirer
  • Same Problem for Me in 3.560 !!!

Battery are new and with my Zipabox the key fob works !

Please solved this issue !

I've opened a bugzilla case :

Please login or register to see this link.