Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

alarm

mitos6183

Question

hello,

I want to equip my home automation with an alarm system, is that the "homecenter2" is effective for the management of the alarm? there you can call it and send email in case of intrusion?

Is there a tutorial for a complete configuration of an alarm system please.

thank you

7 answers to this question

Most parts for the alarm system is integrated. But for it to work flawless you might want to create add some scenes.

I wrote a small tutorial for this, you can take a look here:

Please login or register to see this link.

The most important thing is that the fibaro and the rest of your home automation system are one.. So better integrated.

To activate and deactivate you can use a keyfob remote or a RFID reader.

Thanks stevenvd, very intressting !

Can you share the model of RFID you use and how you setup with fibaro 2x1,5 relay switch ?

I use a z-wave.me remote control to arm and disarm.

Second I also use this simple RFID tag reader:

and I will test the following soon as it should work even better:

I think they still ship to other countries (used to work there)

The setup is very easy. Just connect the relay of the RFID to one of the inputs of the 2x1,5kw and use one variable. (Armed, Disarmed).

When the input is triggered and the variable is armed then change to disarmed and run the disarm Scene.

When the input is triggered and the variable is Disarmed. Run the Check alarm scene and set variable to Armed in the scene when alarm is ready to go.

In the disarm scene I also kill the check alarm scene... Otherwise when you arm the alarm, forget something in the house, and not kill the scene if you disarm. you will have to wait for ... seconds.

I have an example of this in the tutorial:

* make sure to have a 2 second sleep. Otherwise it will keep triggering.

Hi

I look at your small tutorial. I used the scena Lights ON but I don't understand how and where I can select the sensors I would like to trigger my alarm !!! I can select lights I want to turn on but what about doors and windows sensors ?

Thanks

David

The lights and devices that you can select is not when it is armed. But when the alarm goes of!

To set which door / window or other sensors are armed. You need to use the scene as described on page 3:

where you see: Woonkamer = Arm. It means that all the devices in that room get armed. So you can add devices or rooms to this. and it only armes them.

Ok thanks for your reply

So that means there is no other way than scene to select devices that will be used to trigger the alarm !!!

However, I tried my scena "Lights On" without any scene and when I opened a door (after arming the alarm of course), the alam is triggered... so maybe depending on the type of device, they are used to trigger the alarm by default ?? is it right ?

Thanks

when you arm the alarm in the normal way. ALL the sensor types that can be armed. Will be armed! So yes in the normal way that happens. and all these sensors will indeed trigger the alarm when they are set to armed.

But you cannot arm the alarm in any different way that through the alarm panel...