Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall switch for scene activation

rolinck

Question

I'm looking for a battery operated scene controller to activate a couple of scenes (bedtime, home / away). The scene controller must be mounted to the wall.

A example is the ZWE_05460 from duwi zwave.me wall switch. But the hc2 lacks of support of this switch.

Does anyone has some good ideas?

I use a DUWI 6443. The only way I can use it is to associate it with an other device (a FGS211 in my case)...

and because there is no problem with FGS211 and HC2, you can trigger what you want using events of the FGS211...

Hope this will help you...

David

Hi.

Can someone give me example how to do the scene activation of the wall switch to disarm alarm.

I mean if I have activated house alarm with a scene called "Activate alarm".

I have also created a scene "Disarm alarm".

Schema:

I come home and would like to push wall switch to disarm the alarm. Can I use existing FGS221 or FGS211 module to do this. I mean if I have already installed the FGS221/FGS211 module inside wall switch...

After attempting to manufacture my own, that has been rejected by other occupants of the house because of appearance, I have been searching for similar devices, with only limited success.

The two options with limited potential I've identified are:

Frostdale Nanogrid Switches (

Please login or register to see this link.

). These are 240 V powered, and are capable of switching real loads, but also of "signalling" the controller. They also contain a temperature sensor. I have tried the four gang switch, but this appears to be unsupported by HC2 and Vera only recognises three of the four switches. Technical support is not available directly from the manufacturer, or from the local (Australian) agents. These devices are of reasonable appearance, if only there was some technical data available.

Insteon offer a range of economical battery operated wall switches, but unfortunately these aren't zwave (see

). There have been a few threads in this forum about the possibility of integrating an Insteon hub with HC2, and this would be an ideal solution to enable "cross platform" systems. The Insteon range of in-wall, DIN rail mount and other devices at reasonable cost would be a valuable addition to implementation options

The other idea I have had (but yet to test) is to use a slightly modified battery door/window sensor hidden behind and hard-wired to a conventional push button switch plate. I understand that some manufacturers offer terminals for just this purpose!?

Any other ideas ....?

I'm using ZMR_FMWC from rus.z-wave.me. I do not have any problem with HC2, all I have to do is set parameters 11 and 12 to switch on scene activation functionality.

ZMR_FMWC is based on the same Duwi controller but it has different firmware. You can get scene code for click, double click, hold, double clock and hold, release, release after double click. I have no more wishes

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only problem - I have no idea how to buy ZMR_FMWC outside Russia

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guest shapa

Fibaro simply ignores us.

The whole "fix" is about 5 minutes to add property "SceneActivation" to the device description. That's is.

shapa, could you clarify what are you talking about?

Original duwi wall switch does not support scene activation. Fibaro cannot 'add' something to it, they do not manufacture it.

• Inquirer
  • shapa, could you clarify what are you talking about?

Original duwi wall switch does not support scene activation. Fibaro cannot 'add' something to it, they do not manufacture it.

The duwi zwave.me version does support scene activation only not in fibaro. The sceneactivation property is not shown in fibaro.

Guest shapa
    shapa, could you clarify what are you talking about?

The duwi zwave.me version does support scene activation only not in fibaro. The scene activation property is not shown in fibaro.

+100500

You are right.

BTW, some feedback from Fibaro.

"Dear Sir,

At the moment we are working about new Zwave engine. Please be a patient. "

[ Added: 2013-10-28, 18:20 ]

Skyroger2,

Ошибаешься

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Читай инструкцию:

Оно доступно далеко не только в РФ. И да, я покупал в UK.

Guys looks like you have wrong firmware on wall controller. I have scene activation functionality on my ZMR_FMWC and it works.

shapa,

Похоже это не то же самое. Я вот об этом:

Там как минимум другие параметры. Для включения Scene Activation нужно установить параметры 11 и 12 в 4.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest shapa

Skyroger2,

Please don't try to be the smartest guy on the planet.

Yes, the firmware is different but it works fine with scenes on other controllers (I tested with Vera).

No-one is interested here in the device which is sold only in Russia.

Fibaro is not fixing that as they are working to create a new z-wave stack implementation (official feedback).

Hi!

Just found working wall switch.

zwave.me ZME_WCD1.

Just change parameters 11-14 value to 4.

Works great.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

How did you configure your ZME_WCD1 to get it to work with HC2. It is regonized by HC2 when I do an inclusion (pressed all four buttons until the green led starts to flash on the controller then presseda button 3) HC2 starts to add it. I then get the basic values but not all of them.

And I get "wait for Wake up.." on the controller device.

How do you connect like button 1 to a scene like "turn off all" and that turn offs four Fibaro Wallplugs.

Thnaks

Jonas

How did you configure your ZME_WCD1 to get it to work with HC2. It is regonized by HC2 when I do an inclusion (pressed all four buttons until the green led starts to flash on the controller then presseda button 3) HC2 starts to add it. I then get the basic values but not all of them.

And I get "wait for Wake up.." on the controller device.

How do you connect like button 1 to a scene like "turn off all" and that turn offs four Fibaro Wallplugs.

Thnaks

Jonas

Use the parameters from the images, then create a scene:

Please login or register to see this code.

Change id 370 to the id of your ZME_WCD1, now you can do whatever you like.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Like a charm! Many Thanks )or in Swedish, tack!

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Jonas

I tried this script for my ZME_WCD2 but I can´t change the values of the parameters like in the jpg. After pressing save they all stay "0". Does anyone know how to change them?

I tried this script for my ZME_WCD2 but I can´t change the values of the parameters like in the jpg. After pressing save they all stay "0". Does anyone know how to change them?

When you change parameter you must wake up the device for configuration.

Thanks - it worked. I was too impatient....

[ Added: 2014-06-06, 08:58 ]

But I still have problems to change parameters for a device. It was the same, when I tried to change the paramters of my motion sensor yesterday. I clicked "add parameters" and changed the values, clicked "save" on the right and woke the device up. But when I opened the advanced settings again, the current value was still the old one (0) and in the subline there was a hint "last set value XXX undefined".

What am I doing wrong?

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

I have included the device and gave in the parameters.

Als made the scene with the id of the device.

Now the newbie question

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" /> :

What now?

How do I program it to switch on a light?

Christiaan, on the left you have list with all devices and available actions for them, just choose light controlling device and set it to turn on as an action.