Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for Air Conditioners

mclass

Question

There have been repeated requests for HC2 support for this device, bugzilla posts and even a sample sent to Fibaro (thanks Johnny C in NZ).

Yes, you can use other IR devices (eg iTach) to learn and transmit IR codes, but the Remotec is pre-programmed with many popular A/C units and is battery powered. Simply installed with no wiring! Have been using these with Vera to great success for a year or so now.

+1 if you want HC2 support now!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

Thanks for the tip.

Is it normal for device without template not to get return parameter shown in HC2 4.03x?

I am not exactly sure what you mean by return parameter ,but when you set the parameter at the advanced settings for this device you can see that it is sent and set at the top window of the HC2 when you do a save. When you return to the advanced settings you cannot see the parameters there.

I hope I answered your question.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by return parameter ,but when you set the parameter at the advanced settings for this device you can see that it is sent and set at the top window of the HC2 when you do a save. When you return to the advanced settings you cannot see the parameters there.

I hope I answered your question.

Yup, I was referring to the behavior "return to the advanced settings you cannot see the parameters there". Guess need to wait for template to be release for this device.

Hello Guys

I had a ZXT-120 waorking. Then i wanted to change the FLiRS mode to ALWAYS LISTENING MODE, so I removed the device and re added. 

After that i can always add the device but no "Add Parameter" field

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tried going back to FLiRS mode and used batteries. NOTHING

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IT WAS WORKING WHAT HAPPENED !!!

I knew why is this, i should disable the "USE TEMPLATE" option

You get that option when adding ZXT-120 to HC2 4.042?

Mine did not.

Hello

I bought Answering Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for air conditioners

but I can not make it work

I can only do it from my aquisire central home center 2

with version 4042

Mica you can help give me directions

how to do

Best regards

Hello, I'm using a Mitsubishi AirConditioner, I bought a ZXT-120 and set it to 'Always Listing', after that I added it to my Z-Wave network HC2, went to advanced settings, removed the 'use template for parameters', and added a new parameter: '27  2d  176' and Saved.

OFF is working, Coll is also working, but in the fan speed, no matters what I select it always stays in the 'Auto low speed', for example, with my remote I set speed to high, then in HC2 when I set the speed, no mater witch one of them, the fan goes to low. Why this is happening, anybody can help me with this one?

Thanks.

Hello, I'm using a Mitsubishi AirConditioner, I bought a ZXT-120 and set it to 'Always Listing', after that I added it to my Z-Wave network HC2, went to advanced settings, removed the 'use template for parameters', and added a new parameter: '27  2d  176' and Saved.

OFF is working, Coll is also working, but in the fan speed, no matters what I select it always stays in the 'Auto low speed', for example, with my remote I set speed to high, then in HC2 when I set the speed, no mater witch one of them, the fan goes to low. Why this is happening, anybody can help me with this one?

Thanks.

It means the ZXT-120 IR code used does not match your specific model of Mitsubishi air conditioner. I have been struggling to find the right code for my Daikin too. I am ending the UAT and going to return ZXT-120 to supplier.

Hi All,

I bought 2 of these Remotec ZXT-120 to control some LG splits. To my surprise the inclusion process went smooth on batteries and i got 4 interfaces for each ZXT.

On/.Off , temperature control, mode (cooling, heating, fan only, dry air) and fan speed work as intended and right out of the box using the first LG code on the list.

One trick i had to do for the OFF to work: after i set the IR code in parameter 27 i made a soft reconfiguration (somewhere is mentioned to do a soft reconfiguration after each change of parameter 27) - at this stage all of the above functions were working except the OFF.  I changed parameter 27 to the next value from the list and saved, this time without soft reconfiguring. Guess what: OFF command came alive also.

Did this procedure on both ZXT's and they both work very well now in terms of sending correct IR commands.

There is however one thing that i'm not happy with: one of the four interfaces created for each ZXT at the inclusion process is the temperature sensor.  This one doesn't update at all.  Any ideea what can i do to make that work also?

Regards

Anyone using these things? just want to know some pointers as to what to do to get the temperature readings.

Thank you

ZXT-120 has its own temperature probe, it can't show you temperature measured by AC because it communicates only one way.

I know.. that's what i want too see: it's own temp probe !. But the value in HC2 doesn't update at all.

Like I said above: for each ZXT inclusion i get 4 devices in HC2, one of them is the temperature sensor.  This is the one that doesn't update.

We did not encountered such an issue, could you give me the exact version of this device? 

Here is a pic from the interface. I did include/exclude 10 times, factory settings, changed flirs to always listening etc

2m3ljxe.jpg

Hello Mr. Roszak,

Any news about this please?

Regards

Hi Momos.

Do you have a package box from the ZXT-120 item? I think that newest (European) version for this unit is 1.6H

Can be found on package...

If you look on the remotec support page:

Please login or register to see this link.

they dont have v. 1.12 for this unit.

So I think that version number on your image (v. 1.12), actually can be v. 1.2 (in the Remotec interpretation)...

ermmm what does the package box has to do with  this?  I posted the pictures so the version can be seen there.

ermmm what does the package box has to do with  this?  I posted the pictures so the version can be seen there.

If you look on the remotec support page:

Please login or register to see this link.

they dont have v. 1.12 for this unit.

So I think that version number on your image (v. 1.12), actually can be v. 1.2 (in the Remotec interpretation)...

thats what i thought also.  No more box unfortunatelly

thats what i thought also.  No more box unfortunatelly

It is bad.

I can also refer to the new Aeotec ZW100 sensor: Aeotec refer to FirmWare v. 1.04 (last one - 1.06). But on Fibaro (HC2) you will actually see: Version 1.4 or Version 1.6

So Fibaro GUI not allways shows "correct" FirmWare versions...