Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for Air Conditioners

mclass

Question

There have been repeated requests for HC2 support for this device, bugzilla posts and even a sample sent to Fibaro (thanks Johnny C in NZ).

Yes, you can use other IR devices (eg iTach) to learn and transmit IR codes, but the Remotec is pre-programmed with many popular A/C units and is battery powered. Simply installed with no wiring! Have been using these with Vera to great success for a year or so now.

+1 if you want HC2 support now!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

May I ask which HC2 version is this on?

Asking cause it failed my UAT earlier on HC2 with 4.03x and earlier firmwares. If this is now working well in 4.054/4.055 beta firmware, I may consider to give it another try again.

Here is a pic from the interface. I did include/exclude 10 times, factory settings, changed flirs to always listening etc

2m3ljxe.jpg

I am on 4.054 which so far has been very stable for me

I took down the Remotec ZXT 120 (was installed on the ceiling) to check what version it is exactly. It has  a label on the back V1.6H so i guess it is the latest.

Why HC2 interface shows it as 1.12 i don't know.

Temp sensor still not updating. I also don't see any poll interval in the device template nor any association group.

Please login or register to see this link.

can you please give your feedback here?  Thank you very much.

Hello I have a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. when I include the Remotec ZXT-120 I only see the devices whit blanck input only temp is showing and the Fan speed is OFF

I can not see the input eg cool or heating or other fan controles

do you have to instal de remotec

in the presence of the AC or not

There are few versions of this device in the market, we have prepared a lot of templates for different software versions and frequency. 

@Memos, please try to soft-reconfigure it in the close range to HC2 - it is possible that the device is not included propertly.

@Kage, please change advanced parameter responsible for choosing which codes device will use (choose which model of A/C you want to control - you can find the right setting in device manual) and softreconfigure it - this will solve your issue.

Found the problem. Wegens include i had no internet. Now with internet it works fine.

Found the problem. Wegens include i had no internet. Now with internet it works fine.

@

If there are many templates for this device why is HC2 seeing them as 1.12 version? When they are in fact 1.6H? Any way to force a specific template on them ?

I just tried 3 more soft reconfigures with the devices like 10 cm away from the HC2. Temp sensor still not updating. It just changes the temperature when the soft reconfiguration is done, nothing more.

And it is for all of them the same so they can not all be faulty...

Help to solve this would be great

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The version that you see in interface is not hard coded in any template, it is acquired from the device - if you see v1.12 in the interface this means that device claims that it is in this particular version. 

Templates for ZXT are not universal, every version has unique one - we have 15 different templates for ZXT-120.

Could you check in API (

, where ID is your remotec ID in system) for property "parametersTemplate" and check what value it has?

all of them have Parameters template 417

Hello, I'm looking to connect my Panasonic Air Conditioner to HCL. How do you know when the AC is ON or OFF ? My understanding is that the devices that use IR (like the Remotec ZXT 120) can only send commands but can't detect status, is this correct ?

Thank you

How do you guys solve this problem ? Do you monitor the air conditioner power consumption or something like that to "verify" if it is on or off ?

Thank you

You can make a global 

if power AC > 50 setGlobal On

else AC setGlobal Off

integreated in a VD

Or have a video cam in the same room and look for moving curtains.... as i do lol.  

any answer about that template please?

you did ask me a question , i answered then it got lost somewhere... Can i please get an answer and hopefully a resolution?

Thank you very much

Hi.

I have missed this, sorry.

I have found one ZXT-120 which has the same version as yours and I have checked how it reports temperature.

The first thing, it can report only integer values (this precision can't be changed). Also due the lack of Association Command Class it does not report temperature automatically (or it does it mysterious way not compliant to Z-Wave standard). We are polling temperature from the device, you can force it by pressing button on the device but if temperature has not changed more than 1*C it will stay the same in the interface.

To check if your ZXT-120 working as supposed you can hold a finger on a probe (small, blue - on the side of device) for a minute or two and then click a button - new temperature will be acquired from ZXT-120 during polling.

As this is a flirs device we normally aren't supposed to poll it automatically - but if this will be necessary and device are not sending any reports automatically we will consider adding this feature to flirs devices.

With HC2 4.062 Beta, it seems the ZXT-120 has a proper device template and seems to work well with inclusion and exclusion. The device template includes valuable comments on some parameter changes requiring a soft reconfiguration to allow the HC2 to update the list of supported operating modes.

Good job, Fibaro.

For those with Daikin FTKS25DVM/FTKS35DVM with an ARC433B47 remote control, use IR Code "6" for ZXT-120EU with 1.6H firmware. Alternatively if IR Code "6" does not works well, try IR Codes "321, 324 or 367". This is the suggestions I finally managed to get from Remotec.