Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Switch between night & day mains to boiler?

Daniel W

Question

In my apartment I'm receiving 2 electrical mains - one for day rate and one for night rate.

I have a boiler that by default is heated as soon as the night tariff is enabled (@ 23.00). I can at any moment override it with a manual switch to use the day tariff (to be used during the day in case you would run out of hot water).

I would like to replace this day/night switch with a Horstmann/Secure Boiler Receiver HRT4. I prefer this device as it do have a On/Off button on the device itself compared with a Fibaro On/Off Relay Switch FGS211. I would though miss the energy consumption compared to the Fibaro relay switch.

Is this possible to not only use the 2 various devices as on/off but also switch between source A and B?

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

You need a Switch Relay for 220V like "Legrand 4 125 33"

The sketch is a bit complicated...

Do you have Global Remote Signal from your electric company in Belgium? We do have that here in Czech. There is Neutral wire where this signal travels and if there is a low tariff for electricity it triggers this relay and relay will turn on the aplliances that work only on this night/low tariff (e.g. Heating, Boiler for hot water etc). (we have low tariff randomly for guaranteed 20h per day depending on how the grid is busy)

If you have something like this, it will be easier to connect it.

And I'm sure it can be simplified by the Neutral lead which should be common. But you had it like this separated so I work from your version.

But I must say I'm not an electrician. Try on your own risk or hire a professional electrician. I did solved something similar in my heating system.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks,

The two tariffs is physically split. There are two separate 3phase entering the apartment...

Then it's like I drawed. But make sure your Amperage is enough.... better to go thru some professional electrician.

In short Hortzmann turn On and Off a Relay and Relay Switch from Night (which is Normaly Close) to Day (which is Normaly Open) :->