Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How long does your batteries last?

Lauri

Question

If using different z-wave devices with HC2, what is the common batterie life?

I have had issues where 4-1 sensor drains the batteries with 6months, or door/window sensor battery is dead after 2months, but another battery is working 7months and it shows about 70% life left.

Also one customer is changing batteries from danfoss which have been only 6months in use. But danfoss claims that battery life is 2years.

Whats your experience about batterie devices - where is the truth? I know it depends how ofter devices wake up etc, but for me - I usually keep very long wake up intervals 900s for danfoss and 4080 for door/window sensor.

Lauri

1 answer to this question

A lot depends on the type of batteries. I have recently installed the newest Energizer ultimate lithium batteries and they las much , much longer then regular.

With Danfoss a lot depends on how often the valve is working - temperature changes in room or in heating panel etc