Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

-

Guest MitchellOnline

Question

Guest MitchellOnline

-

Edited by MitchellOnline

i have similar problem with version 2.51 and HC2 (v3.570)

when i push manually the button the valve didn't open, but the new temperature is displayed

Dear users,

Its Danfoss nature.

It is an thermostate, so it mean that it can controll temperature. Not only open close valve.

We can send target temperature to it. Every action after it do danfoss not HC2.

Guest MitchellOnline
  • Inquirer
  • -

Edited by MitchellOnline

Dear users,

Its Danfoss nature.

It is an thermostate, so it mean that it can controll temperature. Not only open close valve.

ok but with previous version the valves open after the temperature change

strange bug

I had the same problems as well...

Try the following, at least this worked for me.

Never use rechargeable batteries, they seem to work at first, but somehow they don't deliver the power necessary.

Second, try controlling them from the heating panel...

I'm running them for weeks now without any issue's anymore...

Dear users,

Its Danfoss nature.

And how about the Stella Z thermostate from Eurotronic?

See:

Please login or register to see this link.

is device multilevel ... not supported

[ Added: 2013-10-30, 15:47 ]

Dear users,

Its Danfoss nature.

ok but with previous version the valves open after the temperature change

strange bug

same problem on 18 valves with HC2 3 of 3 customers

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

It's not very cold in The Netherlands right now, so I haven't tested it very intensively. But on my HC2 (3.570) with Danfoss valves (2.51) I seems to work great. When the temperature is changed through the heating schedule, the Danfoss receives the new setpoint and adjusts accordingly. If necessary, the radiator gets hot and the climate is tuned in a comfortable manner.

Hopefully when temperatures are lower in a couple of weeks time I'll be able to share my experiences in more detail.

It's not very cold in The Netherlands right now, so I haven't tested it very intensively. But on my HC2 (3.570) with Danfoss valves (2.51) I seems to work great. When the temperature is changed through the heating schedule, the Danfoss receives the new setpoint and adjusts accordingly. If necessary, the radiator gets hot and the climate is tuned in a comfortable manner.

Hopefully when temperatures are lower in a couple of weeks time I'll be able to share my experiences in more detail.

when you purchased the valves?

February 2013.

I have to stress Menno's remark about the batteries though. I've noticed that these units are very dependent on good batteries; not almost empty, no rechargeables. Even if it's still displaying the temperature on the display (while at the same time flashing the battery icon) I found that it's often not adjusting the valve anymore.

Guest MitchellOnline
  • Inquirer
  • -

Edited by MitchellOnline

February 2013.

I have to stress Menno's remark about the batteries though. I've noticed that these units are very dependent on good batteries; not almost empty, no rechargeables. Even if it's still displaying the temperature on the display (while at the same time flashing the battery icon) I found that it's often not adjusting the valve anymore.

the problem seems to me to be born from the valves built after July 2013, I put on these 4 types of different alkaline battery, all new, without improving the result

[ Added: 2013-10-30, 18:57 ]

01/2013

1. Knowing the valve .

To be as precise and economic as as possible the living termostat must know the exact opening point of the valve. During the first night of operation living shuts off the radiator heat and then slowly opens again to detect the opening point if necessary, this procedure is repeated once a night for up to a week

Per essere il più preciso ed economico possibile la valvola Danfoss deve conoscere l'esatto punto di apertura della valvola. Durante la prima notte di funzionamento la valvola spegne il riscaldamento del radiatore e poi si riapre lentamente per rilevare il punto di apertura, se necessario, questa procedura viene ripetuta una volta a notte per un massimo di una settimana

2. Open window function.

If danfoss detects a dramatic drop in temperature it react by shutting off the heat.

After half an hour the termostat returns to normal settings.

Se Danfoss rileva un drastico calo della temperatura reagisce spegnendo il riscaldamento del termosifone.

Dopo mezz'ora il termostato ritorna alle impostazioni normali

3. Valve exercising

If the radiator valve is in the same position for a longer period of time (summer) the Danfoss might get stuck

To avoid this living automatically exercices the valve every thursday at approx 11 am by opening fully for 5 seconds and then return to normal setting.

Se la valvola Danfoss rimane nella stessa posizione per un periodo di tempo lungo (estivo) il Danfoss potrebbe rimanere bloccata.

Per evitare questo automaticamente la valvola ogni giovedi alle 11:00 circa, si apre completamente per 5 secondi e poi torna alla posizione normale.

perhaps the problems encountered arrive from here ... just wait a week and stabilizes?

[ Added: 2013-10-31, 17:41 ]

1. [...]

To be the most accurate and economical as possible the Danfoss valve must know the exact opening point of the valve. During the first night of operation the valve turns off the heating of the radiator and then reopen it slowly to detect the opening point, if necessary, this procedure is repeated once at night for a maximum of one week

[...]

In this period of time the valve adjustment is being achieved through the measurement of the temperature of the water in the heating circuit to which: WHEN INSTALLED THE TURN DANFOSS HEATING AT LEAST FOR ONE NIGHT ....

[ Added: 2013-11-02, 08:04 ]

Dear users,

Its Danfoss nature.

I do not think that's right.

Danfoss valves have 100step adjustment (this is why it put us 7 days to self-regulate and require heating on) and can be operated in open or closed without even adjust the temperature ... the difficult thing is to know the appropriate command parameters ... it is important that Fibaro ask to Danfoss these parameters.

[ Added: 2013-11-04, 10:44 ]

We can send only temp value to Danfoss thermostat, because danfoss has closed protocol, then we can't control close/open valve.

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

[ Added: 2013-11-04, 15:56 ]

Explanation of the operating logic of the thermostatic valves by Danfoss, for a better interpretation of the operation of the same:

Dear M.

Thank you for your mail

It is important to stress the following when dealing with a thermostatic device.

It is thermostatic – this by its very nature means that it should work on maintaining a specific temperature – and therefore not on maintain a specific opening percentage

This means that you cannot decide the opening degree of the radiator valve – instead you can set a setpoint and then the Thermostat will do its best to achieve that temperature using as little energy as possible.

This means:

Once a new setpoint is sent to the thermostat and the thermostat has accepted it (confirmed it over Z-wave) it will slowly start to adjust the valve

If it opened a lot it would normally cause what is known as “over shooting” where the room gets to warm after turning up the heat and which uses to much energy.

If the user presses a button then the thermostat assumes that the user is unhappy and then its logic says – skip the energy savings and just open the valve a lot – this is what some users are describing when they feel that the thermostat is not responding until they push a button.

This is a feature that has been designed this way in order to save energy.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you an explanation as to why it behavior the way it does

Guest MitchellOnline
  • Inquirer
  • -

Edited by MitchellOnline

I'm a disappointed by theses valves for the moment...

I have version 2.51 and although they receive the command, nothing happen as expected.

In the room where I have my fireplace, the valve doesn't close (valve set to 19 and t° of the room is equal to 22°), and in the bedrooms, with valves set to 19° and temperature of the room equal to 16, they do not open !!! exactly the opposite of what I want

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

I noticed the boiler seems to start warning when I change the temperature on the valve. So I thought it was because I increase a lot the temperature but it seems that the simple fact to increase the temperature wake up the valve

I will run some other tests hoping my wife doesn't have enought with these valves

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Guest MitchellOnline
  • Inquirer
  • -

Edited by MitchellOnline

@Quickdav I Have found a solution for this problem.

I have replaced my Danfoss valves with a better wired version, see:

I have connected it by a Fibaro relay, and now my radiators open when I want.

I also don't have to use batteries anymore

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

ok that's a solution. It's better for battery, more efficient but more expensive too (need a valve with a fibaro module). I keep this option for boilers where I could install this wired version.

I saw on other forum that it could exist an option to disable the "intelligence" they included into there valves. I don't know if that's true or not but it would be a solution to manage them as an On/OFF valve able to manage temperature. No need all them seem to have include...

Guest MitchellOnline
  • Inquirer
  • -

Edited by MitchellOnline

@Quickdav I Have found a solution for this problem.

I have replaced my Danfoss valves with a better wired version, see:

I have connected it by a Fibaro relay, and now my radiators open when I want.

I also don't have to use batteries anymore

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

ok that's a solution. It's better for battery, more efficient but more expensive too (need a valve with a fibaro module). I keep this option for boilers where I could install this wired version.

I saw on other forum that it could exist an option to disable the "intelligence" they included into there valves. I don't know if that's true or not but it would be a solution to manage them as an On/OFF valve able to manage temperature. No need all them seem to have include...

It would be GREAT if you can disable this annoying intelligence. On which forum are they talking about it?

Someone talk about that on a forum without remembering where he saw that !!!

Here are some documentation regarding this valve to understand how it works. Very smoky !!!!

(page 3)

else the whole documentation is here

nothing about disabling this annoying intelligence in the ZWave commands (

)

Regards

This may help (in french sorry) but the graph are pretty explicit. The valve seems to open and close quite often has they please to to achieve the set temp.

The valve seems to open and close quite often has they please to to achieve the set temp.

Very nice article - a pity that only in french

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" />

Where did you get all this information how Danfoss valve works with the charts?