Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

ouside light/dsrk sensor

akatar

Question

witch sensor does people use to tell the hc2 if it's light or dark outside?

i want to buy one, but haven't got a clue what sensor works in hc2

6 answers to this question

AEOTEC / AEONLAB Multisensor 4-1 DSCB05 is a good choice, but you must install it under the roof for example, not directly exposed to bad weather

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> With DSCB05 you get Light, Humidity, Temp and movement.

regards,

• Inquirer
  • hmm i really need it outside.

i need to know when it's dark around my house (not sunset etc) because i want my outside lights on when it's dark

i did use a ms13 and later on a "klik aan/uit" device that sends an off/on command

Please login or register to see this link.

I have two of these but did not mange to get them working properly with HC2.

AEOTEC / AEONLAB Multisensor 4-1 DSCB05 is a good choice, but you must install it under the roof for example, not directly exposed to bad weather

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> With DSCB05 you get Light, Humidity, Temp and movement.

regards,

Me too... Also Known As: "4 in 1". It's a IP42 device. So it should be protected from (direct) rain, but it can be installed outside. I have one outside and it works well. It currently has no "template" for parameters, but it's functioning in HC2.

Please login or register to see this link.

Take a normal light sensor like one mounting on light pole along the street.

connect the output circuit to a FGS211 switch and you'll have the switch closing when darkness arrive

then you'll be able to play scenes to light all your external light and if you like power off/on them by your phone.

enjoy.

alessandro