Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon labs home energy meter - 2nd edition - DSB28-ZWEU

Tcheri

Question

Hello,

Do someone have experience with the DSB28-ZWEU (second edition)?

Parameters are different from the first edition (which is working fine)

Please login or register to see this link.

The second edition works partially with the parameters :

101 set to 770

111 set to 10

102 set to 6145

112 set to 60

103 set to 0

I have the following problems :

- Fibaro shows the 3 slaves (for 3 clams) in the master device. But in the Fibaro GUI, I see only slave 2 and 3. Impossible to see slave 1

- Unlike the first version, only the master can be monitored in the energy pannel, not the slaves

- Unlike the first version, there is no USB plug on the device. My firmware is 1.62. How to upgrade ?

Any other with experience ?

Thanks

Thierry

Hi Thierry,

did you get the HEM 2ed working ? if so, can you share your settings please. I can't work out how to update firmware or get it reporting.

cheers,

al.

firmware is done by renaming the .ex_ to exe and running it on a windows PC with HEM plugged in via usb

Hi Fergal

Version 2 doesn't have a usb port .. I assume over mesh it will update? That's a thing right ?

but irrespective I can't get mine working at all.

Cheers,

al.

I'm guessing you have the 1 clamp which I think is a bit different. I ordered the 1 clamp but was sent out a 2 clamp which is as per picture attached and has USB port for connectivity and hard wired power. Is your one battery powered ? or is there a mini usb port inside the device.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi, Yep, it's a single clamp, and powered hard wired but has no usb port ..

I'm going to have to go and double check tonight ! I've checked it all over, but you've got me doubting myself now ..

on yours where is the usb port hidden ? it doesn't show one on the manual I have either ?

Cheers,

al.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Thierry,

did you get the HEM 2ed working ? if so, can you share your settings please. I can't work out how to update firmware or get it reporting.

cheers,

al.

Al, no I did not succeed at that time. And from what I red at that time, none of the other users were able to have it running.

So, I came back to version 1 and it works

Tcheri, Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like I'll sit patiently and wait for some integration. I might email aeon and ask them if they have some parameters for v2..

cheers,

al.

• Inquirer
  • Tcheri, Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like I'll sit patiently and wait for some integration. I might email aeon and ask them if they have some parameters for v2..

cheers,

al.

Al, I did that. I defined all parameters manually. But no way, the limitation is in the Fibaro z-wave engine. Probably the new version V4 will solve the issue.

@alandee if you notice to the right of hole for clamp 3 there is a little flap with mini usb port on my one. From the diagram, yours does look different as the power on mine is usb also. I'm running 3.906 and it doesn't work as the parameters are not saving. I've opened a bugzilla but no traction yet. I got settings from the guys at vesternet that I can share that they have confirmed as working with HCL.

Thanks Fergal, but I've checked and not got that on mine.. no idea why it's different.

Out of curiosity, do you have a 5v plug pack that you plug into in your meter box, or how do you get usb to it ?

I'll get a different one if someone gets one working.

Cheers,

al

Tcheri, Thanks for the feedback.

cheers,

al.

Al, I did that. I defined all parameters manually. But no way, the limitation is in the Fibaro z-wave engine. Probably the new version V4 will solve the issue.

Here you go! Haven't gotten home with it yet to check it out, but ;

Use parameter 102 instead of 101 if you are getting incorrect readings.

If you get it going before me, let me know your settings !

Cheers,

al.

Can anyone vastly more clever than me, please interpret the attached file in my previous post and give me a pointer as to how to get this bloody thing working. I've tried a dozen different iterations.

I can't for the life of me work out what to put in 101 & 102 which Aeon suspect will be the culprits !

Cheers,

al.

fergalmccarthy, Nope, It doesn't even have a tick box for template or parameters ..

All good, i just don't like having things that don't work, or can't be hobbled together to work ... not unlike a sonos plugin with an undecipherable source selection and a netatmo plugin with no readouts

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" />

First world problems !

Cheers,

al.

Turns out Alan i was shipped the old model by mistake

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The G2 does not have batteries or USB cable.

Guest kead

I have the same problem...

No news??

I have this device for a year and is still not working! CRAZY!

Updated in Bugzilla to Acknowledged

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Cheers,

al.

[ Added: 2014-12-15, 07:34 ]

Sill not working in 4.022 ..

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How about Aeon labs home energy meter - 2nd edition - DSB28-ZWEU and newest Fibaro 4.023 firmware.

Does energy meter working?