Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon 4-in-1, IR-sensor "becoming" a thermometer?

JanJoh

Question

For more details:

Please login or register to see this link.

Basically, 5-6 times this has happened now, all of a sudden my IR-sensor is classified as a thermometer in HC2. I have not added/removed any devices, or changed any settings.

Anyone else seen this? Anyone with a fix?

4 answers to this question

For more details:

Basically, 5-6 times this has happened now, all of a sudden my IR-sensor is classified as a thermometer in HC2. I have not added/removed any devices, or changed any settings.

just noticed one of my sensors has done exactly the same thing!

• Inquirer
  • For more details:

FOr me, the only remedy is a remove/add of the entire device, which of course screws up my device ID's.

Support suggested "reconfigure", i replied that it did not work, and I havent heard anything after my reply to that.

Its been going on for quite a few software revisions.

For more details:

FOr me, the only remedy is a remove/add of the entire device, which of course screws up my device ID's.

Support suggested "reconfigure", i replied that it did not work, and I havent heard anything after my reply to that.

Its been going on for quite a few software revisions.

reconfig will not work... so i will add and remove after a dev has looked at it! may not be able to reproduce at a later date...

Same weird behavior om the aeon 4-in-1 sensor, however the sensors are not very accurate, I like the concept. Device against te wall and a nice readout of the designated area. I use them on USB power and latest firmware.

I had the issue, passive IR turned into a temperature sensor or the temperature sensor is missing from the device menu in HC2. In both situations there is no special event / alarm or other trigger. Happens every few days, 4 ~ 5 days.

Please login or register to see this image.

I guess its HC2 related because in the device tree with the slave devices the T is shown correctly (and readout)

6-1-201421-20-37.jpg

Temperature seems to exist in slave menu.

6-1-201421-20-52.jpg

When this happens the device becomes inacurate, movement detected when nobody is present in the room. Movement icon is shown until the device is reconfigured. Or when there is movement, nothing is detected.

Powercycle and/or reconfiguring doesn't work, all settings are factory default. The only solution is to remove and add the device again and they work for a few days. Complete useless in this setup, you can't depend on it. Got 3 sensors, and all sensors go crazy.

Got another motion sensor SP814 is battery powered and placed outside, this device is working like a charm. No false alarms, no failures (no slave devices also)