Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Camera question

Tcheri

Question

Hello,

If I want to view my cameras from outside (direct access), I need a public IP.

My ISP ask me 6€ per public IP per month.

If I declare my cameras in my Fibaro HC2, can I remotely access my cameras from outside (home.fibaro.com) without a public IP per camera ?

Thanks

Thierry

5 answers to this question

Yes. As soon as you configure your cameras in HC2, then you can also access them remotely.

My camera is local (192.168.0.xxx) and works OK from iPhone. But it is important to have a wifi.

Public IP you need only in case if you plan to access your cameras not using HC2 (connection to via camera's web server directly).

Tcheri,

You can also have only one public ip for 150 camera. You just need to change the port on your router

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But yes you can have access to your camera from fibaro app.

You can also use DDNS...

And if you have not bought cameras yet, I suggest using DLINK ones with the mydlink app that allows you to access your cameras without any need for a public IP, the Fibaro system has limitation in public access, it will not provide you with live video stream rather a jpg refreshed every few seconds (default is 3 i think).

Regards

• Inquirer
  • ahmad89,

I had a fix IP address, but not public, meaning impossible to reach from outside my italian ISP.

DDNS does not solve that issue.

Since I took the option, now it's public (and access from anywhere in the world).

I can use multiple ports as written above.

And I have tested : the HC2 play the role of proxy : so from home.fibaro.com, I can access my cameras even without any port forwarding or public IP.

Thx

Thierry

Oh sorry I thought you had a public IP but just not static, giving customers a private IP is quite unfair, most ISPs give public IPs to all customers just not a fixed static one, I work for an ISP and that's how we do it.

Anyhow i hope the lack of live video stream limitation in remote access does not bother you with HC2 and would then allow you to discard the need for a public IP.

Regards