Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Controlling Heating Panel zones from Lua scenes

lukas.polivka

Question

Hello!

Perhaps I missed something, but is there a way to control heating panels from Lua scenes? Most importantly the Holiday mode (Turn On, Turn Off)?

Let's say I'd like to use this with an Away/Holiday button (which would take care of other things at once - lights, A/V, irrigation etc.)

9 answers to this question

Hi,

Yes there is a longer thread here in the Power User section with multiple LUA tips. Andrew Socha added this info how to control the vacation mode and I created a Virtual Device for a zone with 2 buttons (vacation mode with fixed 15 degrease, and the second one back to Auto (0 degrease). He posted in the same thread a more advanced script that could control multiple zones in one go, but I have only one zone so this is enough for me:

Please login or register to see this code.

To get back to normal you do the same script in a second button but change the temperature from 15 to 0.

• Inquirer
  • Ah, thank you, Daniel, I was trying to search for the wrong keywords then!

I will look for the other tips/scripts too.

BTW is there a reason not to use a loopback IP address, e.g. 127.0.0.1 (which will always remain the same), instead of 192.168.0.156?

Hi,

Yes there is a longer thread here in the Power User section with multiple LUA tips. Andrew Socha added this info how to control the vacation mode and I created a Virtual Device for a zone with 2 buttons (vacation mode with fixed 15 degrease, and the second one back to Auto (0 degrease). He posted in the same thread a more advanced script that could control multiple zones in one go, but I have only one zone so this is enough for me:

To get back to normal you do the same script in a second button but change the temperature from 15 to 0.

I'm sorry, but in new firmware 4.040 this rule doesn't work! Why? I'm a new user and i'd like to add this function on my controller. Thanks

The next code is running perfectly on my HC2 with v4.

To restart heating zone to normal mode, is the same code with vacationTemperature = 0

• Thanks 1

The next code is running perfectly on my HC2 with v4.

To restart heating zone to normal mode, is the same code with vacationTemperature = 0

Thanks a lot! Now works! I changed hc2 ip adress with 127.0.0.1 and port 11111 and up and running

Hi,

I am reviving the topic as I just found it.

I am trying to change the "handTemperature" and "handTimestamp" through api, but it doesn't work.  Neither does changing the above mentioned vacationTemperature.

Anyone knows how to control the heating panel through API or LUA ?

Thank you

EDIT:

Solved it

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> was some typo in another part of the code.  Happy to report that manipulation of the heating panel still works

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, the code seems to work a treat. I have finally created a VD to control my heating panel ... seems to be working, but will be doing more testing come next winter.

Thanks for the code. It works, but in debugging I get this message:

[ERROR] 20:28:19: line 9: attempt to call field 'decode' (a nil value)