Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon 4-in-1 reported temperature=113°C

ivan.ruban

Question

Got a push message from HC2 - "Potential fire alarm!" and was a bit shocked.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

Luckily my wife was at home and told that was a false alarm.

The reason was in Aeon multisensor that reported 113°C in the bathroom. Of course that was not the real temp as you can guess.

I have analysed the event panel and it seems like the reason is in humidity increase (the wife took a shower). My guess is some electronical Aeon's components became wet so it showed the wrong temp. I have no better explanation. But it seems like Aeon does not work so well in humid environments despite of it has humidity sensor

/emoticons/default_icon_exclaim.gif" alt=":!:" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

12 answers to this question

I'v had this kind of issue several times, without any humidity change or so.

there is a bugzilla bug open, and multiple persons complaining..

no solution so far

• Inquirer
  • Good that the problem exists already in bugzilla, sad that there is no solution so far. It is not so fun to get fire alarms when person is on vacation - creates unnecessary stress.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

Nevertheless if the problem is in Aeon device itself (in sensor device or in firmware), then Fibaro cannot fix it. But Fibaro can most likely contact Aeon's developers anyway. Fibaro should have right contacts.

Would like to hear a response from Fibaro - is it a bug related to wrong data processing in HC2 or it comes from Aeon side? Is Aeon informed about the problem?

I am also experiencing different problems with this 4-1 sensor, not battery powered but DC connected:

1.- Ultra high temp reports (I got several reports of 255º). It happened to be that the motion sensor reconfigured itself as a temperature sensor!!. Needless to say, it could not report one single correct measure...

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" /> . This personality episode was repaired by deleting and including the device, with all the inconveniences of getting new IDs for the sensors.

2.- Many false motion detections. Adjusting the sensitivity does not fix the issue.

3.- The device gets usually out of control by the HC2 (led blinking permanently) but it is not reported as a dead node. This is normally fixed by unplugging and reconnecting the guy.

4.- Since a few days ago, I have discovered that I do not get event records any more for the motion sensor in the event panel. This problem only affects the PIR, the other 3 sensor report OK.

5.- The light sensor is not pictured in last version of the android interface. This problem is already acknowledged by Fibaro's development dpt. and a solution promised.

It might be a combination of lack of reliability of the device and compatibility flaws with HC2.

All in all, the guy is anything but reliable in my setup. I'd not assign any critical task to it, by any means.

Guest Kuuno

exactly same problems as previous poster but in my case it seems that problematic are the ones that are far from HC2, the ones that have to use routing. direct communication and dc power seems ok for me...

ivan.ruban, can you post your device settings ?

Well, it happened again. Potential fire alarm and the schizophrenia episode...

The PIR sees himself as a thermometer... great.

Definitively it goes out of my setup.

[ Added: 2014-01-24, 18:26 ]

Krikroff,

This is how your HCToolkit sees the device:

Isn`t if funny?

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

Hi,

This is now happening to me after updating to v3600.

What is the bugzilla number for this issue?

This is really shitty as I am trying to get the Temp in my sons room and switch on the heater..

I don;t want to remove and add the device every dam week. if that is the case I sell the lot and just get myself a $20 thermostat from the local DIY shop. Not even the Fibaro ones work correctly..

Thanks for the number.

C

Hi,

C

It is only (and will only as it seem) fixed in 4.x with new zwave engive,

Hi,

C

But it was working fine in 3.5 for me?

No way in hell I am going to v4.

By the look of things that bring a load of extra crap/issues that I don't need now..

Hi,

C

But it was working fine in 3.5 for me?

No way in hell I am going to v4.

By the look of things that bring a load of extra crap/issues that I don't need now..

Sorry, but the type changing problem is present in every release with the old Zwave engine.

This was the only reason I upgraded actually.

Sorry, but the type changing problem is present in every release with the old Zwave engine.

This was the only reason I upgraded actually.

I had the same reason. The bug was reported long time ago (but maybe for different device types) and I"ll bet my stock of Fibaro modules on it that V3 will never get a fix for that.

And it really works *much* better in V4. I'v always heard that "lowering z-wave traffic" = "reducing z-wave collisions" would help... but that seems rather academic to me. Although you probably have the possibility of lowering the frequency of your sensor reports.