Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS221 switch from DC power

ivan.ruban

Question

In the manual of FGS221 switch it says: Power supply: 110 - 230 V AC, 24-60V DC.

So it should work from DC power. However there is no wiring diagram in the manual showing that it is possible (always connected to AC). Nevertheless I found examples in a pdf on vesternet where FGS221 is DC powered. See for example the page "Floor heating system DC" in

Please login or register to see this link.

For me it was absolutely not obvious that I need to connect "DC +" to "L" and "DC -" to "N" on a switch. It must be added to FGS221 manual!

So can the module be powered from DC? Is the diagram correct ("DC +" to "L" and "DC -" to "N)? Anyone who tried that?

6 answers to this question

Yes, I can also confirm. At least for the FGS211 which has the same spec for supply. I just tested and it works fine. I suppose that they argue that "live" is "positive" but it should definitely be more clear in the manual.

I connected 24V DC power supply to a FGS221.

Successfully associated the module with HC2. I connected a 12V AC to IN and O1 to switch a doorbell. When switching S1 to on the doorbell rings only for a short time (not even a second) where i would expect the doorbell to ring until I switch S1 to off again.

When changing the 24V DC to 220V the doorbell keeps ringing when swichting S1 to on until i switch it back to off. Just as i expected it to be.

Anybody an idea why the 24V DC solution doesn't work as expected?

The adapter is 24V 7VA (0,291 Ampere). The FGS221 manual describes the module only needs 0,8W so the adapter fits.0