Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Not Configured - Meaning?

Ahmed

Question

I have few devices showing 'Not configured', what does it mean and how to clear this error(though i am able to operate the device without any issue now). All these devices have been installed in side the boards and i don't want to take them out for delete/adding them again.

I am afraid of my HC2 getting hanged if i start upgrade to 3.590 because of having these 'not configured devices'.

Any help?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

13 answers to this question

See the parameters of these devices - there you will find: Reconfigure device. This should fix the issue

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Ahmed, enter to that device, and press reconfigure , device will be re-add to system

On 2/27/2014 at 2:58 AM, A.Socha said:

Ahmed, enter to that device, and press reconfigure , device will be re-add to system

Doesnt works for me! Please help!

I have the same problem, I added the double switch (after I reset it) and it is shown as not configured. Pressed the reconfigure button and it failed the first time. I did this again and the second time it was showing reconfiguring for an hour.

@akatar I do not understand, what backup are we talking about? The first time the reconfiguration failed, I did reset the double switch and included it again. That is the time it was stuck at reconfiguring for about an hour until I just removed the device, reset it, added it again and although it only shows on of the buttons and says unconfigured, it still work (I only needed it to work as a single switch). 

@Stiven Sorry, i did not read it correctly.

So you have a double switch and only one switch works? 

the only thing you can do is exclude and include and then contact fibaro support...….

they can log in and check the zwave database.

4 hours ago, akatar said:

@Stiven Sorry, i did not read it correctly.

So you have a double switch and only one switch works? 

the only thing you can do is exclude and include and then contact fibaro support...….

they can log in and check the zwave database.

The thing is that I excluded and included the device multiple times. The problem is that when included it only shows one switch and it says not configured. Pressing reconfigure button does not help. i think the only choice I got is to contact fibaro. 

For me the button "Read Configuation" fixed this issue. I tried to reconfigure, removed and added multiple times, also factory resetted twice. Nothing but this fixed my issue.

Facing the similar problem.
ZigBee device shows "Not configured" but there is no "Reconfigure" or "Read configuration" button in device settings.
Reconfigure button is only in zigbee devices panel and it is disabled :(
Any ideas?
image.png.d126ed54dd7a5fec698225eea1457103.png

• Like 1

I have the same issue on HC3 with adding Lexman zigbee Multipurpose ON/OFF connected receiver. The device is added successfully - is visiple on the list of devices. However in details I cann see that the device is displayed as not configured and it it not possible to interact with the device. In simple words it is not possible to switch it on or off.  I tried to reconfigure Zigbee network and I tried remove and add the device again. 

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this link.

did you resolve the problem? I have similar one when zigbee button reads only batteryLevel and i cant set it up to turn on or turn off any lights

Edited by Rados