Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HRT4-ZW with ASR-ZW receiver overshoot of 4-5 degrees C

Guest azevenhuizen

Question

Guest azevenhuizen

Good day all,

I have some trouble with our newly installed Secure HRT4 thermostat.

Every now and then the heating system has an overshoot of appr 4-5 degrees.

This means setpoint of 20 degrees whil result in 24 degrees in the living room.

I installed the system using the walkabout from vesternet:

Please login or register to see this link.

From the log panel I can see something funny that worries me. Please also see attached images for details.

- At first the setpoint changes in the morning at 6:15.

- After a few seconds the relay becomes active and the central heating system will start.

- Every 5 minutes the relay switches on and of. I assume this is the TPI regulation.

- Then at 7:25 the relay switches on again, but after that it will not switch of for almost an hour. Most likely this will cause the overshoot in tempreature.

It looks like the TPI is working in an oposite direction. Normally the heating will start for a longer period of time and will then go to a quicker on/off patern while it reaches setpoint.

Any of you have seen this behaviour or have any directions in trouble shooting?

Thanks and regards,

Arno

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

8 answers to this question

Guest azevenhuizen
  • Inquirer
  • Then I am at least not alone.

I figured out you can also associate to group 1 instead of group 2. This will result in a different on/off signal to the ASR. Group 1 is thermostat set and group 2 is binary on/off. Unfortunatily both have the same result.

It happens almost every day now and I am surely suspecting a firmware bug in the thermostat.

However to be sure I will once more reset the complete system.

Arno

the bug is not in the thermostat but the HC2, in fact when I was Zipabox of Zipato, the Horstmann system worked perfectly.

Guest azevenhuizen
  • Inquirer
  • Interesting.

No workaround yet?

Yes, waiting to resolve the problem I replaced the horstmann thermostat with

Please login or register to see this link.

. I am not satisfied with the fibaro's assistance . Those of zipato were more efficient.

Guest azevenhuizen
  • Inquirer
  • To me it more looks like a Horstmann issue. If I disable the tpi by setting all dip switches to off, the unit responds flawlessly. Only problem is that the temperature now fluctuates between + and - 2 degrees from setpoint, which is quite a lot.

I did contact Horstmann, Secure and my local vendor about this issue, but nobody responds to any of my emails. If this is the service level of these guys, I will be likely to send the equipment back for refund. (btw also Fibaro does not respond)

Personally I think the Everspring looks hidious, but if it is stable...

Arno

To me it more looks like a Horstmann issue. If I disable the tpi by setting all dip switches to off, the unit responds flawlessly. Only problem is that the temperature now fluctuates between + and - 2 degrees from setpoint, which is quite a lot.

I did contact Horstmann, Secure and my local vendor about this issue, but nobody responds to any of my emails. If this is the service level of these guys, I will be likely to send the equipment back for refund. (btw also Fibaro does not respond)

Personally I think the Everspring looks hidious, but if it is stable...

Arno

Ok, but i'm sure, when i had Zipabox system Horstmann kit worked fine, but after zipato team resolved problem on software...

I think that fibaro group doesn't work on it...

On 21/3/2014 at 20:03, albyus said:

Ok, ma sono sicuro che quando avevo il sistema Zipabox il kit Horstmann funzionava bene, ma dopo che il team zipato ha risolto il problema sul software...

Penso che il gruppo fibaro non ci lavori...

alla fine dopo tutti questi anni Fibaro se ne è FREGATA di questi problemi