Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zipato RGB LED Light

stevenvd

Question

Zipato is coming with a RGBW LED light. Looks quite nice!

Please login or register to see this link.

Fibaro will this be supported by the HC's?

Maybe it uses Fibaro's module

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

if it works as Zipato

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" /> not thank you !

but the concept is really interesting

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Here is another one, not yet released.

There is also LIFX, which is controlled via WIFI, still waiting for API for that one.

I was really disappointed with the lifx bulb. They promised a hemisperical bulb when it first materialized on the crowdfunding pages, but the product is anything but a hemisphere, so it distributes light in a funny way. And the reason for this brings me on to the second point that is wrong with Lifx: it is huge and doesn't fit in many standard E27 light fixtures.

As I can read it in other forums, the Aeotec has been "coming soon" for two years.

But lets hope the Zipato comes out soon with light reproduction as good as the Hue and at a significantly lower cost... However looking at the life expectancy for these bulbs, the investment really isn't that big compared to using dumb bulbs such as halogen. Especially when you factor in the consumption. And standard LED bulbs never seem to hit just the right color temperature IMHO. So for me, it's still hue bulbs where I need automation.

Oh yeah, and even with a much worse design and lack of functionality, the Lifx is as expensive as a Hue bulb (much over the promised price when it hit the crowdfunding community).

Yeah, not gonna buy Lifx either. It's too big and expensive for me.

Zipato's price seems ok, hope the product is too.

Any Ideas for a light bulb that can be used to signalize (outside) that an alarm has gone off.

Like a blinking light?

Any LED bulb with a fibaro relay hooked up will do that for you. A Hue bulb has the function built in, but paying 200€ for the starter kit just for that function might be a bit excessive!

But not any LED-Bulb can change its color.

I have Hue but as far as I know it can not be integrated into Fibaro and I want to control the color and the "turn red if alarm" and "blink green if alarm is fire" and so on…

Any other suggestions?

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

It is quite easy to integrate a Hue into fibaro using a virtual device. My hc2 is controlling all my hue bulbs, turning them on by motion detectors. There are several guides on how to set up the hue bulbs on HC.

@Lundan: did I understand correct: I can take ANY white (no color at all) bulb and connect it to fibaro rgbw and it will become e.g. red, blue…?

@Dalle1985: Oh… thanks for the tip. Do you know any easy (!)

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" /> link I can use to implement that?

Try this one:

There are a few others, but that one works. I've modified it for my own needs. If you want

, I can upload the virtual device? It has all the basic functionality of the Hue, so all you need to do is change the value of a slider (to the desired color) and then call a single push button to activate the built in alarm function.

[ Added: 2014-04-04, 08:32 ]

So the price turned out to be exactly the same as for a Hue bulb... Thats just too bad! Still no real competition in this market then! Lets hope someone will bring a proper contender at a lower price soon!

I've installed a Zipato RGB bulb last week. At the moment is not fully compatible.

It's recognized as a simple lamp.

It seems works properly but no RGB colors.

When it will be fully compatible?

I've installed a Zipato RGB bulb last week. At the moment is not fully compatible.

It's recognized as a simple lamp.

It seems works properly but no RGB colors.

When it will be fully compatible?

Can you give a heads up on how it works as a simple lamp? Brightness,warmth, so on? Would be appreciated! Also, has it since become compatible?

Thanks.

Guest gembrain

May also be worth checking out the Osram Lightify equivalent.

It's Zigbee lightlink so should work same as Philips Hue.

£32 at Clas Olson

I manage to include a zipato bulb on my homecenter 2, thought it was broken since i couldnt include it first, but i actually had to hit it pretty hard to include it.

The light is very white, my guess its like 6000K.

The bulb doesnt remember the last state, on and off is 0 and 100% no matter what the previous value was.

But its working very good with stevenvd's smart lights v1.43.

I've also bought one just to test it. It really isn't nearly as nice as The Hue bulbs I have all over the house (i think I'm up to 30 now). Even when setting it up to my test setup where I can test all the functions, it still has much poorer colors and white temperatures. I suspect RA-value is also significantly lower than i.e. Hue

The Hues integrates very well with the HC2 or any other component you can think of which can send http calls. My bulbs are all controlled by the HC2 with no issues whatsoever.

I haven't had a chance to test the Lightify bulbs yet, but they do look promising. Now we just need Osram and Philips to start competing on the price, so it can drive that down. (Having already spent 2000€ on bulbs)