Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

The main energy meter

Bzrk

Question

Hello,

How I can choose main energy meter to see ONLY this meter values displayed in dashboard?

The problem is I have a lot of different meters (Fibaro wall plugs, relays, etc) to see per device/room/etc utilisation, and also I have a main meter (aeon labs energy meter) for the whole house.

Dashboard shows summary usage of ALL meters, which is quite wrong. Is there any way to see only 'main' usage in dashboard?

HC2, version 3.590

Thanks

20 answers to this question

Hello,

How I can choose main energy meter to see ONLY this meter values displayed in dashboard?

The problem is I have a lot of different meters (Fibaro wall plugs, relays, etc) to see per device/room/etc utilisation, and also I have a main meter (aeon labs energy meter) for the whole house.

Dashboard shows summary usage of ALL meters, which is quite wrong. Is there any way to see only 'main' usage in dashboard?

I have a similar request/need... anyone with a home consuming energy would benefit from knowing the total energy consumption at all times (both current and over time).

Imagine having this 'main energy meter' connected to the central unit in the house giving the full energy consumption readout. Also imagine that you had a bag full of Fibaro Wall Plugs connected throughout your house. This would give energy consumption readouts per wall plug and/or wall plug grouping which is indeed a very good start. Then combine the total readout with the wall plug readouts and it is possible to get a grip on the 'unaccounted' energy consumption!

For example: the total energy consumption for a house is 1000W and all of your Fibaro Wall plugs shows a combined consumption of 300W... this would mean that there is 700W of unaccounted energy outage. Display this in a nifty gritty graph as done with the Wall Plug and you have a killer feature... I for one would _very_ much like that

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

+1

Is there any support under way for not having the main energy meter added to the other meting values or the declared values...

Hello,

Aeon labs energy meter can be visible in energy consumption panel. For this purpose it must be fully configured. Also, there is a checkbox in advanced settings of this device, which stands for Showing the energy measurements. It must be marked.

Hello,

Aeon labs energy meter can be visible in energy consumption panel. For this purpose it must be fully configured. Also, there is a checkbox in advanced settings of this device, which stands for Showing the energy measurements. It must be marked.

If i tick that button and then save it gets unticked during save, why is that?

I am referring to Home Energy Meter DSB09104-ZWEU

In my configuration the power watts in green doesnt change at all unless i click the button on the back of the hem3 and the kwh counters are always zero.....

Well, a standard house has three phases. At least where that is the standard. Like where I live

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The three clamp version can be used with any number of phases but you can also get it with one or two clamps. Check here for instance:

Please login or register to see this link.

Most houses, certainly in UK and Ireland are Single Phase, see the blog entry from Mark in Vesternet on the 3 clamp version

Most houses, certainly in UK and Ireland are Single Phase, see the blog entry from Mark in Vesternet on the 3 clamp version

Sure, of course there are places in the world where there are single phase installations. I'm not sure what Mark means but at least it seems OK to use it with 1-phase installations according to Aeon:

In Marks blog I see he references that the 1 clamp version of the Aeon Labs Clamp Power Meter G2 will work with one phase installations. I also see that they now stock the 1 clamp version so all should be good.

Fibaro, can you confirm if the Aeon Labs Clamp Power Meter G2 (1 clamp) unit works ok with HC2. I am running Alpha 2 at present.

Thanks!

No binding commitments or anything, but, is there a chance of it being included in the next update ? I've got one thinking that zwave is zwave .. painful when simple things don't work, and it's such a great monitor to have..

I'm awaiting delivery of 1 clamp 100A version from Vesternet, they have confirmed it works. i'm currently testing alpha 3.904 so will confirm when it arrives and is installed.

I do have a Home Energy Meter DSB09104-ZWEU 3-clamps version installed. After purchase I realized I only needed one clamp (1 phase, 230 Vac).

To get this working you have to put the 1-clamp firmware into the device, then it will work (connect only clamp 1 to the device, of course).

When the device is added to your HC2 you have a main device and and slave.

Main:

Polling time interval: 15

check 'Show energy consumption measurements'

uncheck 'Use template for parameters'

check 'Save logs to Event Panel'

Slave:

Polling time interval: 0

uncheck 'Show energy consumption measurements'

uncheck 'Save logs to Event Panel'

For parameters I used, see attachments.

About the questions about whole house power consumption versus device summery, I posted a

back in september 2013...

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Still can not find the solution for consumption reporting problem.

I have HEM 3 clamps working just fine, but how can I specify the "main power meter"? Now it combines the consumption from 3 clamps, all dimmers, switches, total HEM consumption and as a result I get some "random" number.

1) In Energy Panel I can manually check Devices, then check each clamp (or check HEM total) and I will get what I want (total energy consumption in my house) but.... HC2 does not remember these settings - each time I enter into Energy Panel I need to do everything from the beginning.

2) Dashboard and mobile app consumption shows the sum of all meters all the time and I cant change it.

3) "Show energy consumption measurements" checkbox does not seem to do anything. After unchecking it for HEM slaves I can still see its consumption everywhere (summary, dushboar, Energy Panel).

Fibaro, please clarify. May be I am missing something - this is pretty basic functionality IMHO.