Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem with Fibaro dimmer module

jenssam

Question

Hi,

I recently added a Fibaro dimmer module in my livingroom, but for some reason I have to switch S1 three times for the lights to go on when it's been off for a while. If it's only been off for a few minutes one switch is enough. Really strange behaviour. Anyone else that has seen this behaviour?

In HC2 I can't see the version number, and I tried to resolve that my re-adding the dimmer, but still no version number. Is there any other way to do a full interview of the module?

Regards,

Jens

11 answers to this question

Hi, are you in direct connection with your HC? Otherwise exclude and include in close distance of your HC, after that put it in place. You can also try configuration/z-wave network/configure. Always be sure to do the whole include proces and not abort it to early. Good luck

Hi,

I recently added a Fibaro dimmer module in my livingroom, but for some reason I have to switch S1 three times for the lights to go on when it's been off for a while. If it's only been off for a few minutes one switch is enough. Really strange behaviour. Anyone else that has seen this behaviour?

In HC2 I can't see the version number, and I tried to resolve that my re-adding the dimmer, but still no version number. Is there any other way to do a full interview of the module?

Regards,

Jens

Well know issue. Search the forum for triple click.

Apparently Fibaro does not seem very concerned enough to issue a fix.

Workaround: modify the fade time to zero. Does not look nice though.

As mentioned above this is a well known issue but the best workaround is not to use parameter 10 (looks like crap) but to remove associations from the dimmer and instead use sceneActivation. That way you can still use "soft" dimming and get all the functionality you need.

Bugzilla:

Please login or register to see this link.

As mentioned above this is a well known issue but the best workaround is not to use parameter 10 (looks like crap) but to remove associations from the dimmer and instead use sceneActivation. That way you can still use "soft" dimming and get all the functionality you need.

I can also confirm this workaround works fine.

Another option is to make your switch momentary (put a spring inside). In this case you can keep parameter 10, but need anyway to "to remove associations from the dimmer and instead use sceneActivation"

Nevertheless there is still an issue for HC Lite users since there is no way to use "sceneActivation" in scene's graphical blocks.

This problem has just started for me for 2 dimmers. The only thing I have done of note is to run an update of the mesh network to try and fix another problem.

I am loath to change settings to workaround something that should be core functionality and working. This is the exact reason why I bought practically all Fibaro modules, so I would have a stable system and would not have to waste my time installing workarounds.

Fibaro, any news? Is this in the pipeline to be fixed?

I am loath to change settings to workaround something that should be core functionality and working. This is the exact reason why I bought practically all Fibaro modules, so I would have a stable system and would not have to waste my time installing workarounds.

+100.

For the reason you described and also because of that

I finally stopped to buy new Fibaro dimmers. There are alternative dimmer solutions on the market that I plan to test, see

I now have well over 40 dimmers installed (yes, my auto-signature needs updating

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />) and an experiencing this problem randomly all over the house to the point where I need to put a fix in place now or wait out for v4.

Can someone from Fibaro please advise if this problem will be resolved in the new v4 release?

Can anyone confirm if the Aeotec V2 dimmers are flawless ? I plan on purchasing 20 in the next week or so to fit during the first wire of my house and would just like something simple like a dimmer to work ..

I've got a couple of fibaro ones already but will change before buying the big lot if it is going to work better ( and then I'll get power usage too ! (??))

Cheers,

al.

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".