Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Bticino Audio kit intercom & doorbell with universal sen

048olivier

Question

Hi Guys,

I would be very grateful if you could help me on this one

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_idea.gif" alt=":idea:" /> .

I'm trying to trigger a push notification on my iPhone once someone activates the doorbell of my bticino audio kit (313311 Analog Voice and doorbell kit).

I have an Home center 2 (Software Version:3.590) and bought an universal sensor.

The universal sensor is powered and correctly configured in the home center. I already put the parameter 3 on Normal Open input. And already activated notify me by push 'about turn on'.

But nothing happens in the universal sensor when I hit the doorbell. However the bticino bell rings correctly. I think the universal sensor doesn't get any signal when the bell rings.

With a wire I made contact between 1 and 5 and then of course Universal sensor received a signal.

So here is what I've done. What do you think ?

10172641_10202869021223306_7006092759475729054_n.jpg

Many thanks to you !

the instruction sheet of bticino:

Please login or register to see this link.

8 answers to this question

UBS can only understand NO/NC dry contact, if you have basic electronic circuits idea. You can do 2 things.

1. Connect the UBS at out door unit push button (which is used to call indoor phone unit). Normally push button will have 4 contacts out of which only 2 might be used in the circuit of phone. You can use other 2 for connecting Fibaro UBS

Else

2. Use a simple relay circuit at the PIN you currently connected the UBS and connect the UBS to the relay. NO NC contacts.

• Inquirer
  • Great thank you very much for you answer !

I will go for option 2. I already check on the website you refer to. As you said I have basic electronics skills

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

So to be sure,

1) Do I have to take a 5v relay circuit if I plan to power it with the same 12V source on my diagram ?

or do I have to go for this relay

or another one ?

2) Could you have a look on the new diagram. Is this correct ? This way, is the universal sensor permanently connected to the power ? I mean because I take the 0V DC from the relay. And this way when someone hit the bell, it will send a dry contact to the universal sensor ?

10150772_10202878995832665_8405831939032519379_n.jpg

Thank you very much

UBS has one more GND terminal, connect it to the GND as well to complete the circuit. UBS need to have power always ON to sense NO/NC contacts.

Yes, +12V relay should work.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Everybody

I'm back with my problem. For weeks now I have tried to solve my issue. But till now without any result.

I really need your help on this one please.

Here the wiring diagram like it is connected now.

When I push the bell there is a red led on the 12v relay. So the relay seems to detect the action of ringing the bell.

On the other side, the universal sensor does not detect anything.

Here is my universal sensor setting 'Parameter 3 -> Momentary input' but I tried all parameters.

I also tried to switch between Hi and Lo jumper on the relay. No result neither.

Could you give me ideas ?

THANKS

maybe this setup can give you an idea, as it seems video signal triggers the motion detector and that in turn can be used to activated anything:)

I use the above device and it works great.

btw it also uses the same fibaro device

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Kooy,

I carefully read all the documentation of this device but I don't think I can re-use the same set up with my configuration.

The trigger for me is a push on the doorbell button (not like here with video signal).

With UBS directly connected to the wire 5 it doesn't detect the trigger (cf my first diagram)

And neither with the relay between (cf my last diagram.

I'm lost in space

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

maybe this setup can give you an idea, as it seems video signal triggers the motion detector and that in turn can be used to activated anything:)

I use the above device and it works great.

btw it also uses the same fibaro device

Just got my unit yesterday, it works perfect and simple to add.

Is there anything like this device to intercept IP intercoms? I'm trying to integrate a Bticino IP VDP

• Like 1