Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Broken fridge

TANE

Question

Don’t worry, the Wall Plug in cooperation with Home Center 2 will automatically shut down the device and alert you about the event. This way you will not be surprised by the event when you come home.

How is this done?

This is just send notification when shut down?

Reporting the device has shut down

Immediately after the plug shuts down the broken device you will receive a short report via SMS* or email. The message alert will also appear in your interface.

Is there a option to report when the plug is not in zwave range?

No power or just removed from the socket?

5 answers to this question

Parameters 50, 51 and 52.

It just measures the the power consumption between a range you can set in parameters 50 and 51. In 52 you can set what to do if the measured value is outside that range.

And there is the safety parameter 70, which turns the plug off if the power consumption gets to high, i.e. short circuit, hot motor etc.

• Inquirer
  • That will not work since the fridge will not use any power from time to time...

max usage is also no option..

This is what the wall plug does. I have the same problem, I have one on the fridge and one on the freezer.

I do know how to do it with a scene, kind of pattern recognition.

• Inquirer
  • Thats my problem...Fibaro is saying that they can do that. power control is no option.

fridge will maybe use a bit more power when on for 24 h

I have a also a doorsensor connected. When the door is open for more that 4 min it will send a notification.

The only good option is when the power is down and check the availability of the module...This option is not available in the wall plug. maybe net firmware update.

Well, you could build a scene which notify you in case there has been no consumption for a certain period or in case the current exceeds a specified value. Then you just need to know how often your fridge will turn on in a day. If it usually turns on once an hour, then create a scene that alerts you if power has been below a threshold for i.e. 3 hours.

Just sending a notification if power drops below a threshold won't work on modern fridges as they basically has 0 consumption when not cooling.

I would, however, use something like the fgbs-001 and a temperature sensor to monitor the temperature. If the temperature exceeds a certain level, it alerts you. This will also make a door sensor redundant as it will tell you that temperature is rising because the door has been left open.