Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

12V Roller shutter motor

diderik

Question

So I've just made the switch from HomeSeer to Fibaro Home Center Lite. I am very impressed with some features, and when OS4 is out, hopefully the things I am less impressed with will be straightened out (scene support, lack of Sonos support).

There is still one issue that's bugging me, though. I have 12V cables to many roller shutters (with 12V rollertrol) RF motors. I used to control these using RFXCOM, and I am now trying to find a Fibaro compatible solution. I tried using rfxcmd on my QNAP NAS (planning to catch some http request sent from a HCL virutal device), but usbserial was not supported (I think) on my model (TS-109). I could of course get a raspberry pi, and do the same, but the whole point of getting the HCL was having a less messy setup. (And I actually chose the HCL to prevent me from spending lots of time scripting.)

There is some talk about an RFXCOM plugin, but I don't suppose there's any point of waiting for that. My best bet is changing the motors , but there is no way I can get 220V to the window frames, so I am stuck with low voltage motors. The fibaro roller shutter modules does not seem to be compatible with an alternative power supply, nor is it potential free(?).

Does anyone have a working z-wave/fibaro compatible setup with 12V motors?

7 answers to this question

I use a FGS221, you can supply alternative power to this relay. One button is up and the other is down, both together will stop the shutter. I made a virtual device to combine both buttons (up, down, stop) and some icons showing the status.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks a lot for answering!

I thought about the FGS221, possibly the universal binary sensor (which has two potential free outputs) or even the RGBW module (with four low voltage outputs).

Which motor are you using?

I would just love the finesse of the Fibaro Roller Shutter module where you can set the blinds to 40% open, but I guess there is no way of making that work with i.e. this Universal Motor Interface Control Kit (

Please login or register to see this link.

).

[ Added: 2014-04-21, 17:45 ]

I am not familiar with the Roller Shutter module, but shouldn't it work to connect its outputs to a Fibaro double relay with an alternate 12V power supply, and have the double relay 12V out activate up/down on the Universal Motor Interface Control Kit (as referenced above)? The double relay would need to be configured to be on only when power is applied, but this could be achieved by setting the parameter for bistable switch? It is probably not possible to be sure without trying, but I think it should work. Or am I overlooking something obvious?

I use a Qubino flush shutter now and that is working perfect with a 12v motor.

boerremk

Can you tell how to create the virtual device for FGS221? Currently I have switch for open and one for close. But cannot do the stop. I'm running the Huntergouglas blind.

See attachement.

I'm not using it anymore (removed it yesterday, but I made a backup

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />), with the Qubino flush shutter it is working as a normal shutter device.

I use a Qubino flush shutter now and that is working perfect with a 12v motor.

Ok, so the qubino flush shutter is full supported in HC2?

What version on HC2 are you running?

I'm only using it for up and down and that is working perfect (with the correct state in the interface). I disabled tilting (takes more time to go up/down).